Would you like daily streaks?

JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

like hacking streak up to seven days which give you more items and more AP, same can applies for captured portals, or links, or glyph, or fielding, etc

Would be a little boost for extra AP working around the sojourner medal

Comments

• I actually prefer some differentiation between Niantic games. I've kept my streak in Ingress going for much longer than Pokemon Go, without any rewards other than bragging rights. I also MUCH prefer the way Ingress keep track of streaks. Every time I travel across the International Date Line, I lose my Pokemon Go streak, but my Ingress streak keeps ticking.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Daily tasks like WU would be good. Not just for AP but for other things too.

• I actually prefer daily streaks that reset every week over an endless daily streak as the former can bring gameplay rewards for staying active without bringing the downsides of the latter. I don't mind losing a weekly streak but losing something that you worked on for 3 years is always rough. I don't like endless streaks and what they represent because I hate the feeling of "having" to play a game and everyday "having" to remember if I hacked a portal or not. What if I'm at home sick? What if I go on vacation to a place with no portals? That's why the best thing I did was let my Ingress streak die. It was taking the fun out of the game for me. Now I just play whenever I want and I enjoy Ingress a lot more.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

objectives would be better, like deploy 100 resonators? deploy x mods or make x fields etc.. ??

• MaliciousWolfMaliciousWolf ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

A weekly streak, or goal, would be nice to see implimented. Something like mini-versions of 'Events', i.e. hack 50-100 unique portals this week, capture or upgrade 50-100 portals, create 50-100 links, generate 30 fields, trek 10km total, etc... After completing said weekly event/goal, award a small bundle of items equivalent to what a typical passcode would give out (maybe with a single unique as an added bonus, like a Jarvis or Ada virus). Impliment a new badge as well that tracks how many weekly events you have completed in TOTAL, 5 for bronze, 13 for silver, 26 for gold, 52 for platinum, 104 for onyx.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is very likely that this mechanism is what will be tested during the field tests next month.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Daily tasks or streaks sound good, but what would you want the rewards to be? A beacon? Some extra AP? Contribution towards a badge?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

CMU maybe? like in pokemon u get coins and can buy what u want from store?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

CMU would be nice in a small amount. However in Pokémon GO you don't get coins from tasks.

However, there is no way to earn "premium currency" in Ingress yet, but there is in Wizards Unite (daily tasks/achievements) and Pokémon GO (defending gyms). Having some way of earning even small amounts of CMU would be nice.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that "Daily Tasks" is one of those things that is coming once Redacted is retired.

There have been strong hints at this, but nothing confirmed

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope we can get free items and CMU when Niantic relese Adventure sync from Pokémon GO in Ingress Prime. If we go MAX km we earn better items and more free CMU.