Pokémon Go Submissions in OPR

Comments

• @OGMagus I can clearly see Niantic wanting tp put more value in the portal network.

Ingress big brother: "Field Trip" www.fieldtripper.com 😉

https ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_Trip_(application)

Ingress players would put the POI (portals) and the tours (missions for example).

• I have to disagree with the street view point. In most country areas street view is years out of date all around my region & many places still have no street view. Not that remote either. Less than 2Hrs from Melbourne, Australia.

• It’s very easy to add a photosphere, the more data the submitter can provide the reviewer that it’s definitely there makes it easier. If things are clearly visible on aerial view then there’s no need for streetview but all information that can be communicated helps

• Definitely need test for nomination

Here's a good reason why.

• @SouLPrison3r Definitely need test for nomination

Here's a good reason why.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

A test is not going to screen out people who make "joke" nominations like that one.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

today I have gotten several submissions saying no portals neaby please help as well in the support statements or why this would be a great portal. So the bad edicate is happening with agents too i got one today mentioning XM in the description instant reject due to game lore mention.

• I use the Streetview app, in bottom corner is the camera button and that gives the option to add a 360 photo. Then move the phone around so it takes pictures on the yellow dots and then upload it after. I would recommend watching a YouTube tutorial on it first time but after you’ve done it once it’s very easy and massively helps submissions get accepted

• 2 easy fixes to big problems:

1) Swap the level requirement/access so that level 10 gets you access to OPR. You have to review portals before you get to submit them. I believe this will vastly improve the quality of submissions once players unlock nominations at level 12 and reach 100 agreements. This will discourage players from only leveling up to 10 for submissions, but never getting to 12 to help with reviews. This will also help clear the backlog, because we have more people submitting nominations than people reviewing them!

2) add a button to report portal edit abuse. If reviewers are going to be responsible for edits approvals/rejections, without getting agreements for these reviews, we should at the very least have an easier way to report abuse.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Holy cow.... I would have tried for the speed record to one star that junk.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

You apparently cannot tell the difference between a bad submission and a joke submission. A nomination test definitely will not fix the latter and have little impact on the former.

• AgentX1976AgentX1976 ✭✭✭

one of the biggest things that would help is if they get the rejection emails back stating back stating why that submission was rejected. Example, all the people who got rejections of points of interest that are sitting in front of a private residence house got a rejection email stating that was the most common reason why it was rejected, that would in turn help educate the submitters

• The problem is in Niantic and the interconnection between the PoGo platform and Ingress. Many PoGo players start in Ingrees for the sole and desperate attempt to achieve more portals to play in PoGo. Create gyms or put portals in there house. But the problem is at the root and the criterion problems when sending portals will continue to exist. In the same way that in Ingress there are people who try to deceive others.

• Wow..... sounds like we are more alike then you want to admit....

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

No I am having issues getting valid portals denied. Things that were verified valid via AMAs. Agents in my area don't always follow the guidelines. Last night I got told that submitting parks are just not "classy" enough for portals and that I could do better. Yes it is an issue trying to just get things approved that have been clarified due to a select few trying to uphold a certain "quality standard" that is above the guidelines.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Pokémon GO nominations make more bad for Ingress Prime. Now lots of nominations dont help make Ingress Prime better. The problem are Pokémon GO need more gyms and take nomination in area with lots of portals. We dont get lots of nominations in area with few portals and help Ingress get better. I hope Niantic do somthing soon to help Ingress agents. Give Pokémon GO players lots of free items,free Pokémon money and special Pokémons if they fix stops in area with low stops or portals.

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

that is normal in opr and since niantic dont punish the abuse they can ignore guidelines and do whatever they want

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate the idea of "gatekeeping" but this is a prime example of why it is needed in nominations and opr.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I vwish the comments I make I 1 star rejections could be anonymously included in the rejection email.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

well make ingress agents take the test too. Because how much trash mentions ingress as well.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

What are you talking about? I get rural portal submissions all the time when I vote. it just takes an agent taking the time to hit a rural route to submit portals. Honestly rural submissions come back faster than urban portals that are near a area with a lot of OPR reviewers.

• What I have seen in OPR (quite new with it, about 1 month) There is a lot bad submissions. Mainly from Pokemon Go. I tried to give advice and tips to players to make good submissions.

Though, that was quite disaster to be honest. Many don't wan't to learn some tips and tricks for making submission better, more appealing.

Problems is not the Nomination beta/Nominations. It is actually the lack of common sense. This is the part of the games where players should contact others and start planning trips for areas they have never visited. Like natural parks etc.

It is not how many PoI:s you can submit. It is the quality that you can give to other players.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem are Pokémon GO app use same poi. They only need more stops to get more gyms. Pokémon GO players often take nominations in area with lots of portals or stops. Lots of Pokémon GO players dont help make Ingress better with new portals in area with low portals or 0 portals. The other problem are lots of agents in OPR now from Pokémon GO. They talk on chat program/app and help accept bad portals for more stops and gyms.

• I live in the south of Sweden.

So when I login to OPR I get submission from Germany and Denmark to.

And as soon as they could submit Pogo portals the amount of bad submissions went up a lot.

Not saying Ingress agents don't post bad objects.

In fact I have seen images from areas I know well posted from ingress agents where they used Photoshop to ad a ruin to a grassy hill in a newly built area.

That not being the point the backlog for OPR in this area is now growing massive.

I would suggest that it might be time for some incentive for agents who puts in the time in OPR.

A badge is OK as a incentive but awarding a small amount of CMU might motivate some more.

What do you think?

• I have noticed this same too. Though PoI-database that Niantic is collecting this way, is genius. But there is players who have bad influence to others and that is corrupting portal network.

One big difference when comparing agents vs trainers, is the area of play. In general, agents are more likely to visit different places and discover a cool portals in cool places.

Though, isn't the big idea of Ingress, (and Pokemon Go) to go out and explore?

• All Pokémon players should have 1 nomination every week and BUY the other nomination from Pokécoins. Niantic gets money and Ingressers won't get spammed. Everybody wins!

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll definitely still get spammed. Probably more so if you can buy submissions

• In order to handle Pokemon Go submission queues, they need to change it to allow Pokemon Go L40 trainers who've had X number of submissions approved, to be able to review outside their own area.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

Please don't try to be biased Pogo players and ingress players both submit the same types of portals to actually say ingress agents are more likely to submit "cool" portals is not nice. I have an issue locally where agents will submit invalid portals because they think they are "cool" as I still get a lot of traffic circles and fountains in the middle of ponds. Portals don't have to be "cool" to be valid. To be honest the main difference is pogo players will go for ball fields, playgrounds, basketball courts and things in parks for the most part while agents will try to go for fountains, murals. etc. In the end it evens out on valid submissions the problem is when people try to fake locations send in schools. daycares. objects that aren't valid the abuse is on both sides. I know for a fact my area has a lot of agents that play pogo as well and the quality isn't suffering that much. The biggest issue we have is the backlog is months long due to every park being sent in with every ball field, playground. athletic court. The abuse is pretty low in my area.