Why don't you use faction color on Anomaly badge?

I assume those badges should be neutral for both factions.

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Umbra uses both green and blue

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

It's teal, is it not? Teal is a medium blue-green color. Best of both worlds.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I also think that faction color should not be on event badges, look the earlier cassandra etc.. no green or blue colors? why now ??

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

It's half blue half blue and green.

That's just so biased. And sad.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

At this point they should just go ahead and fire whoever designs these things. I myself am seriously thinking about just not participating. And I'm not the only one. It's going to be the first anomaly on Prime, and these poorly designed RES badges are not helping.

NIA seems to just not understand the fact that the faction colors are actually important to the players.

• jaicatjaicat ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

We,both factions are fighting against Nemesis.

Why would Niantic,inc break both?

would you the part of Nemesis?

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

With how many X-faction challenges we've had... Teal seems to be right... Competition is too rough nowadays...

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but half of the medal is blue. So... blue and green why not. All teal meh but ok.

But blue and teal.....

Why is the color such a concern? Bias? We don't even know what the story lore aspects are provided it's Chapter 5. There's two events coming up in the mean time.

I just can't even

• I agree the badge bias is getting bad, for the Events in between we get a Brown (bronze), Blue (silver), and pink (gold) badge, but there is no green hue, the "green" in the Umbra badge is more teal in my opinion, while the blue is at least identifiable as blue

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the whole direction they chose. No ENL version of the scanner, blue/purple badges, etc. Concern? Not really. But the fact is there are two factions, with two colors. So those colors are linked to loyalty, emotion, pride.

I see lots of people saying what is the problem, funny enough those people are Resistance. Anyway, this thread is pointless, NIA isn't responding, so it appears we're going to have to live with it. Maybe next year the scanner will be green and all badges will be green themed as well. Who knows.

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime is not a "Resistance" scanner. They chose a color scheme that is supposed to be cool and futuristic, and faction had nothing to do with it. If anything, Res are asking them to tone down the excess blue/purple colors too, because it's difficult to see.

Story wise, the app contains a portion of ADA. However, as far as I know they are aware of the amount of blue/purple in the app. It's most likely something down the road like the first UI update.

We barely even know the story of Umbra right now. This is like the discussion of Via Lux before Via Noir was announced afterwards.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but faction colors are something that is very much alive among their current playerbase. So having faction 'biased' badges makes no sense. If they make event badges green, RES will (logically) be upset and the other way around. This is something they created with the whole game and assigned colors. There are so many colors, pick anything other than blue or green, come on.

Well, the first UI update is already live. I had expected the second, but the slider is all that was added in terms of UI. They said there will be no ENL version of the scanner, only to later admit they're looking into themes.

RES = blue, ENL = green. I dislike Frogs and smurfs, I mean we're playing this cool game in which we're agents, come on.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Enlightened fear of blue is fascinating to me. Do you people think the sky is biased against you, too?

The sky is actually all colors on the light spectrum but Resistance keeps pushing that "sky is blue" mantra :P

• The badge might be "blue" but sakes alive it is not Resistance blue. I don't look at that badge and think it "Damn Niantic you are biased!" I can look at a heap of character badges that are green though. And both character badges and anomaly badges are choices to have in your scanner. So let's just get on with playing the game and not nitpick please. I'd much rather see cool posts and stories about the Aurora badge for instance.

PS prime is purple not blue. Same relevance. There is plenty of green in my scanner thanks to local ENL.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Colors are not blue for both scanner and the badge. But they are a bit blueish and definitely not greenish.

It wouldn't be a big issue adding different skins for the scanner. Like in pokemon-go where each team has its own accent

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Teal faction confirmed

• Niantic biased???? Noooooo. They should change the name to Bluantic lol