[IDEA] Dark XM Cube

The idea is simple, a consumable item that doubles the Ap earned in game actions by 30 Minutes. This item can be purchased at the in-game store.

As this consumable is for private use and will not benefit other players such as Fracker, its price could be affordable. Allowing any player to buy.

1 Cube -> 1,000 CMU

5 Cubes -> 4,000 CMU

10 Cubes -> 7,000 CMU

This item, as well as other purchase items (Key Locker and Fracker), will be very rare and cannot be dropped for other players.

Only the player who buys this item may use it.

After the player activates this item, a cube time counter would start. This counter would be on the left side of the screen and below the button to use Power Cubes.

It could also activate some effects on the player gauge, such as some dark XM particles appearing in the player's range circle. (this I didn't know how to do in photoshop)

Why Dark XM Cube?

According to 'Ingress - The Animation' the dark XM is the pure XM, much more intense and unstable.

Following this logic, when we perform scanner actions under the effects of dark XM, these actions will be influenced and generated a 2x stronger effect, the 2x AP.

Would this item break the game? The answer is no!

With the possibility that players can reset their progress through recursion, the game balance will always be maintained. Players who reach the maximum level (L16) can do the recursion again as many times as they wish.

For players who have not yet made any recursion, there is another factor. The medals will still be a limiter in the player's progress. Even if this player wears the item without the required medals, the player will not level up.

Why do I think this item is good for the game?

1. It will be an item that will make the game a little more profitable.

2. Price is affordable for everyone.

3. Will not break the Game Balance.

4. Only the player you buy will use.

-----------------------------------

Any additional questions about the idea, I will be willing to answer.

Thanks for listening

Comments

• Muito bem apresentado. Show!

• I don't see why something that is for private use would be cheaper.

For a game like Ingress, that promotes working together, I would assume items you can use with others to be cheaper than private items.

• As with other Niantic games, consumables that benefit other players when used are relatively more expensive than private items.

Dark XM Cube Added Value is less than a fracker. Frackers can support an agent group, and these agents with more items can dominate a location.

The impact of using Dark XM Cube on the game is minimal, only the player who buys will have the benefit. Therefore, the value added to the item is lower, and its cost cheaper.

If the idea is implemented one day, only Niantic can measure the actual cost of the item.

And who knows, give me some toast cubes for the idea. 😅

• Great presentation.

But I am opposed to anything that is private benefit for profit.

If it was a beacon I put on a portal and any interaction with that portal was double AP, links in/ links out/ hacks/ smashes sure I'd be for seeing it. but being able to basically buy Double AP tips the balance of the game heavily in favour of those with money in the early game. I will say FOR SURE that I'd use this pretty much every time I do my field farm, and I'd probably recurse even more often. The nice thing is it would be all in secret, one day I'd be level 1, next week I'm level 10 again.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont like it. If you like level up faster work with other agents and agents help you level up faster. Ingress are unique and we must work togother.

@MarllonGTA

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

You never never get advantage by using money.

That's just lame.