Tagged:

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

From what to what?

• Portal Fracker 2,400 CMU → 4,800 CMU

Fracker 5-pack 9,600 CMU → 19,200 CMU

Fracker 10-pack 14,900 CMU → 29,800 CMU

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Eh.... I remember a few years back, they gave one away for some kind of anniversary. I haven't used that one. I haven't purchased any frackers since. 🤷‍♂️

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I'll only purchase frackers if I'm within a group of agents, and that's pretty rare for me, now. Someone in the group always has frackers, so I rarely ever use my own. Now I just keep a set of VR hack mods handy, instead.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

That's the way I play. I just use those and call it good.

• And the meetup bundle is gone! 😥

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

wow thats a very high price increase...

• simurghsimurgh ✭✭✭

****. I almost bought a 5-pack last night. Even that old price seemed high. The new one is a definitive no from me.

• simurghsimurgh ✭✭✭

****. I almost bought a 5-pack last night. Even that old price seemed high. The new one, though, is a definite no from me.

• simurghsimurgh ✭✭✭

Dang, I almost ended up buying a 5-pack last night on a whim and to use some expiring survey credit, but the old price already seemed high to me. This new one is a definitive no for me..

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

This puts a 10-pack of frackers at nearly $20 USD, which I think is too high. I could see a higher-priced version that was invisible to the opposite faction, for example, as a way to tier them, but just doubling their price tag without any announcement...I cannot say I support that.

• gwenixgwenix ✭✭✭

That's..... a lot of increase. "Hey, people aren't buying frackers -- I know, how about we increase the prices?" <--- hint: that doesn't work.

• Double the price, are you freaking kidding me..

That's just plain greed...

Speaking of which, I thought you were going to remove the weapons from the store? Mmm nn

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭

Even worse. Hey people buy less and less frackers...

And the player numbers keep decreasing.

• Twice the price, are you freaking kidding me? That's just plain greed...

Speaking of greed, I thought you were going to remove weapons sales from the store? Guess you really don't care about your core community, do you?

• DamoiDamoi ✭✭
    edited August 2019

It is a relief that there isn't any storyline intro for such a price change. I reckon that there is a funds problem for Ingress Prime development or Niantic wants to discourage people to have farms with 8 people. Understandable since you only need 2 people to get 4 out of 5 points of every neutral portal for the glyph challenge.

No that's not true ofcource, it probably has a reason that I'm not aware of. Could be item traders, upcoming events, money, inattentive stagiairs, Trump taxes or Bitcoin exchange prices :). Fact is that buying frackers is discouraged. So back to the walking farms it is.

Just as selling hackmods is an incentive to play solo instead of cooperation. So my guess would be that we can buy portal-level-upgrades in the store (soon®) to exclude any other need for teammates in this event.

But let us not dispair and just wait till this silly pricing is over and enjoy portals NOT being level 8 since that helps everybody to get the newly invented pink medals.

• @Tobbyhush good point I thought the same thing. Playerbase has been dwindling for some time now and prime didn't reverse this.

I hope you're wrong and they just want to discourage the use of frackers but this doesn't seem logical, why discourage the sales of the only thing that brings in moneys?

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

It's like nobody has considered that CMU would be one of the rewards for daily tasks (just like the other games) when Redacted is retired.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

In my area, granted not typical, there are 6-8 fracks per week and often that's two rounds of five portals or more.

We very much rely on frackers, and the river of gear they produce had an immediate and dramatic effect on gameplay when they were introduced.

Doubling the price will likely make some people less willing to supply frackers at a farm, and may make it harder to farm at all.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's see, what could the store offer that would encourage people to buy...

• AP enhancers (double AP for 30 minutes)
    • Distilleries (upgrade common and rare items by one level based on distance walked, limited number of uses)
    • XM Tap (causes a portal to regenerate XM at a constant rate for 30 minutes, maybe used with another new mechanic when interacting with portals)

• Man it's gonna be so easy to save my money now

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Y'all remember Ingress when there weren't any frackers or glyphing? Did people die of it back then? No. Stop complaining because your pay-to-win just got a little more expensive 😂