A new type of event regarding the Seer and Recon badges

We've had plenty of great events and I think I missed nearly all of them since I started playing in the last 2 years for the most part. I wish I could go back in time and get some of those badges but I can't. Now onto a new special event badge.

This new badge is regarding one of the newest badges and one of the oldest badges that has now been locked. The idea is to give a person who likes discovering a new portal a special new badge along with introducing players on how to submit in Ingress Prime. The third extra benefit is that it would introduce a large new amount of players and help entire countries which have massive backlogs. I'm thinking the name of the badge could be called Seeker or Discoverer or something of the like.

Here would be the event details.

For the duration of 2 weeks OPR becomes available to all agents after they past the test starting from level 1. The goal for this event is to reach 5 upgrades and upon reaching this goal you will get +5 submissions in the Prime Scanner. Now comes the actual hard part, with those 5 new submissions, one of them is required to become a portal in order for you to get this special event badge if you don't have access to normal submission capabilities. If you do have submission capabilities you will be required to have 1 portal go live for a full 2 weeks after the event ends so you have 1 month to get this badge for at least this component of the event.

Other rules and conditions that would apply.

If your country has very few submitted candidates when you are reviewing since I know there are countries with less than 200 candidates in OPR, you will be given a bonus location that should heavily imply that you should choose a country with a high portal density since that implies a lot more candidates to review.

There will be only 2 weeks for reviewing capabilities so if you do not get enough reviews completed within that time frame of reviewing, the individual might not get enough upgrades. The recommended review amount should be 1,000 candidates in my opinion.

Another thing is we could possibly have a lower tier badge where you get 2 upgrades and get only 1 free submission.

Why a Seer an Recon focused badge? I think this part of the game gets very neglected in the present day era of a lot of areas becoming a dense play area and people aren't exploring the world around them to find new places to visit. This badge would also introduce and encourage lots of new players into the game even if it's to just submit some portals for the respective Harry Potter and Pokemon Go games. A lot of them will probably quit but a lot of them might really enjoy the game depth that Ingress has that these newer games still lack. This event would also help a lot of older players understand that old portals that were approved in the past would not be viable candidates in the present day.

Not to mention the most important thing is we need more special events! I've only participated in 2 special events which weren't anomalies and I don't exactly have the time to visit in another city to participate in an anomaly.

I was thinking 5 free bonus submissions will keep the new players hooked into the game but we might want to have a better incentive if people have any ideas in mind for the older players.

Tagged:

Comments

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

@XK150 You don't think every Pokemon Go player initially started ingress for the main reasons to get a POI approved?

I think most folks don't really care about the Seers medal or any of the old locked medals anyway since they did get locked for reasons. However I do want more special events since not everyone has the chance to go to anomalies and I really want some new medals which every player can get.

Maybe the max tier medal is for 5 upgrades + bonus 5 submissions while the lower tiered one is for 2 upgrades and a bonus submission. I also think you skimmed over this part of the passage but thanks for the feedback. I did go overboard with 5 upgrades so having the lower tier one would be good enough I think.

Agree with ya that Seer that it's a dead medal but I do want to encourage folks to find new candidates too submit since folks really need to give prime a chance since some of its features are really good.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There should not have such kind of event before they lower submission lv in pokemon and allow recon for them. It's not right this kind of motivation for them to come to ingress with the sole intention of getting lv10 and 12 and stop.

• RavenstonRavenston ✭✭✭

“If you do have submission capabilities you will be required to have 1 portal go live for a full 2 weeks after the event ends so you have 1 month to get this badge for at least this component of the event.”

Only 30/31 days to get a portal approved? That’s insane. Some of us usually have to wait around 300 days to get a portal approved (or denied).

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be against a new badge for OPR Seer but it would need to be purely cosmetic.

I still question the 5k for onyx. If it was 500 for onyx, it wouldn't have been so bad.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

you have NL-1331a, Cassandra Neutralizer, DARK XM, and Myriad Hack Challenge badges, not to mention Cassandra Prime, Abaddon Prime, and Silver First Saturday. i'm not sure what events you think you've missed out on.

• Submissions should be level 16 or recursed players only. Its too easy for these pogoers to come over hit level 10 within a month and then don't play or win trade with their fellow pogo comrades to get others up to level 10. I've seen the win trading many times. Even had someone message me not to put shields or high res in a certain area. I ignored and continued to shield everything and make them all level 5.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is not the submission lv for ingress, by the submission lv on pokemon. Lv 40 is a hard task for a casual player, and let's be honest the "proplayers" of pokemon are the worst of the community. Having the submission lv lowered to 30 or 35 would be a reachable number and not so hard of a task. If it was this way, I doubt there would be so many new accounts in ingress with the sole ounobjective of reaching lv 10/12, messing around, spoofing, wintradings, etc.

Please lower the submission lv on PoGO and let then access the recon.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

No No No No No

I have no idea how OPR is managing in countries that have pogo submissions but the idea of lowering the level Requirement is insane. Personally I'm horrified at the thought of when it goes live here, It will literally cripple OPR here.

• I'm actually looking forward to it. I'll be able to ride the horrible submissions all the way to onyx.

• Nice idea

• I came to try to get a pokestop that I didn't need to drive to spin. I stayed for the more interesting gameplay, and I barely play pokemon anymore. I must admit I have no idea Seer didnt exist anymore when i was badge locked and I was mighty pissy at the time when i discovered that I couldn't get portals approved to unlock my next level! Now, I'm disappointed about the badges that i can never earn, but (mostly) over it.