Xfac Anomaly?

What do you think? Is it possible? Would it be fun? Would you go to one?

Comments

• jimsugjimsug ✭✭

I'm confused. What do you mean by an Xfac anomaly? All anomalies are xfac by definition, aren't they? 😉

• King0fHeartsKing0fHearts ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@jimsug wish I could be more clear and helpful but tell I rech level 2 I can't post links. However in one of the last two YouTube post's Ingress made is the Director of the NIA saying both factions will have the same gole at the next anomaly and In order to get that gole both factions will have to work together to get that gole.

As always Niantic is very vague on what this means or how it will even be possible. But I wanted to ask here and see what Agents think? Would they be willing to do this?

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

that will be needed. Hank has gone traitor, Question of time before both factions have to work together at anomalie.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

very bad idea.. leave that out, FS is what uwant.. xfac nonsense...

• SachielOneSachielOne ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I could see it as being possible once Redacted is retired. As to whether it's a GOOD idea... You have to remember that the vast majority of players are either unaware of or don't care about the plot. How do you market an xfac anomaly to these people if the motivation of "beat the other team" is removed?

• StranditStrandit ✭✭✭

Cooperative? Nah. Competitive? Sure -- there are plenty of Resistance who I'd have fun playing with, if the team decisions weren't just "Enl vs. Res."

• I think what they are saying is create an XFac objective. I e in order to defeat Nemisis a Res field has to be created overlapped by a Enl Field and then overlapped again in the same manner.

Also OCF incorporates a lot of XFac objectives that can only be achieved through cooperative play.

Personally I think it's a great idea for 4 reasons:

1. It creates a less toxic gameplay environment.

2. Working together twords a common objective can sometimes be more challenging.

3. It fits the current Nemisis narrative.

4. It achieved one of Niantic's key mission statement objectives: inspire more face to face social interaction.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you'd get hundreds or thousands of people paying a significant amount of money to travel to another city just for a glorified IFS.

BUT

Some sort of cooperative event could be run the same weekend as an anomaly/MD/NL/etc. It could be a lot more structured than simple maximum AP like IFS and have a challenge that requires cooperation rather than competition. I can't think of what sort of event mechanics would require xfac teams but it's Saturday morning here and I haven't had coffee yet!

New badger for it too.

• Dirtyjoe619Dirtyjoe619 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I'm not saying making the whole Anomaly an XFac event, but simply a component of it.

For like the Myriad unique hack challenge: if the common objective was not achieved both sides get punished and if it was, both sides get rewarded.

Additionally I would point to Pokemon Gofest as proof that people will travel for a noncompetitive event which is essentially a glorified community day.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

If nemesis is attacking and the only way to defeat it is to work together. Then absolutely. Xfac anomaly with simple answer. If it defeats agents, bad things happen.