Remember how Cassandra Neutralizer was an unmtigated disaster until they added double AP for...

grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Deploying and Capturing? I tweeted that idea to Niantic and it was enabled 24 hours later.

It's going to happen again unless there are some fixes.

Here's my suggestions:

1)Allow 2xdeploy of level 7 and 8 resonators so a lone agent can do up to 4 sequence glyph hacks.

2) halve or third portal cooldown time after every successful glyph hack.

3) allow retries on portals at the same level.

Comments

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, maybe, you could plan better and just go to more portals?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just bring an Xfac team to build up or tear down any portals as needed.

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

If you visit the same 750 portals you visited for the Myriad challenge, you only need 1.33 points per portal. It's great if you can get 4 or 5 points on each portal, but this challenge seems in line with previous ones for me, even without tweaks.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

So we can't get up to 5 point per portal, if we don't on teams of 8 agents?

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember how people complain about every event but most simply get on and do it anyway?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

No. because this is not a faction vs faction challenge.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If they do the exact same journey, they will end up with 750 points. Just more 250, that they can do in the exact name route, but upgradind the portals. It's not that hard.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those people need to learn how to walk, then. This event will be good for them.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe give double points for using the complex glyph. Or be allowed to score twice on the same portal using the complex glyph.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like this new event will be avaliable for spoofers again :D

• ritmanroversritmanrovers ✭✭
    edited August 2019

I need a really idiotic guide to this event. I'm getting conflicting information about the points system.

Is it one point per successful glyph e.g. level 5 portal gives 3 glyphs = 3 points if all correct?

or better doing capture portal as a level 1, glyph = 1 point. Upgrade to level 2, 2 glyph = 2 points (total 3 points). Upgrade to level 3, 3 glyph = 3 points total 5 points?

Can I hack the same portal and get more points? or is it unique portals visited during the event?

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

That's the thing. If there's no XF you can play a pretty hard denial game here. Probably not as bad as the neutralizer, but still.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

No, each sequence length done correctly yields 1 point.

So level 1 is 1 glyph is 1 point, level 2 is 2 glyphs is 1 point, level 3-4-5 is 3 glyphs is 1 point, level 6-7 is 4 glyphs is 1 point and finally level 8 is 5 glyphs is 1 point for a total of 5 points per portal per person.

• pitareiopitareio ✭✭✭

Nowhere close. To get your points for this event you'll want to build portals at l3 or more. The other faction can then destroy them, and build l3+ portals of their color. Agents can't optimize their own medal and deny the other faction the possibility to do the same.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

If you cannot find anyone on the other team to cooperate for mutual benefit to complete the challenge, then perhaps you need to work on Xfac relationships first.

• mspiratemspirate ✭✭✭

It puts those who are unable to glyph (cracked screen), and lower-level agents at a disadvantage.

Every event puts somebody at a disadvantage. You can never please 100% of the players and somebody will always complain. But you **** for the middle of the bell curve and the majority will be happy with another badger.

Every event puts somebody at a disadvantage. At the other end of the scale are players who could do it but won't because they think it's beneath them. It is impossible to please 100% of the players and there will always be people who complain about how it affects them, claiming the whole event is therefore flawed. But as with every event they **** for the middle of the bell curve and most players are happy with a new badger.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering how easy it is to get to L4, I find it odd that someone would have trouble getting a portal up to L3 unless they simply don't have the gear.

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I didn't have too much trouble finding 750 unique portals for the Myriad challenge. This challenge requires less portals if you can plan this a little bit. Time is more a factor here.

So this is definately more of a challenge but I don't see anything wrong with the setup here.

Exo5 had you create 2000 fields in a week or so... THAT was an issue if you wanted that without just spending a bunch of ada's and repeating a multilayer.

• raba1derraba1der ✭✭
    edited August 2019

My biggest issue with this event is that there is no way of knowing what portals you have which points/fails. Did I have the 2-glyph point on this portal, or was it the 3-glyph one, was this the one I failed the 5-glyph? Keeping track of your progress on 200+ portals is not practically possible IMHO. On the last event I could at least do a long banner and be sure I visited enough portals.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't a faction vs faction event, so it is not wintrading. It is working together to accomplish a common goal. Or if you want to use a lore explanation, working together to defeat a common enemy, Aurora.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i know right, it will be a pain for those that will aim for the highest... u will have to use your memory somehow and try nail all glyphs.. there is no easy way to reach highest..

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

This is antithetical to normal game play. Even if you don't think it is win trading, it's definitely not something most communities are comfortable with. If it were, I would take a green agent with me every where I go, since I am working on Pioneer. Hell, I would have my son sign up with a green account, and feed him bursters.

I don't think this is a good suggestion. Best to just play normally, and hope the other faction plays normally too.