Prime in (bright) Sunlight

Summary of issue: PRIME Scanner is unusable in bright Sunlight.

I really try Hard to use PRIME over Redacted and even enjoy some of the new options. Today i enjoyed the wonderfull City of Antwerpen on a very sunny Day but not Prime.

Even with the changed GUI in the last Update i could not relay see any of the Portals well enough. So After like half an hour trying hard to Stick to Prime i gave up.

Yeap maybe my eyes are old and from 1971 but come on how difficult could it be to adjust the colors to something which we can use when we go outside. Redacted was much better in that sence.

For the people who desinged it... 😂 Come on this is suposed to be a "Tool" build by Researchs in a Lab.... it has to be easy to use and not fancy in how it looks...... Or do you realy think someone in a lab builds a pice of Software that looks nice but cant be used what it is suposed to be used for? Going out and seek for Portals?

Soooo please adjust the colors or more the contrast so that clearly we can see White, Green, Blue Portals at all levels easyly.....

If you feel it has to be the Way it is then take this as a Feature request so Agents can largely change how the Portals/Map etc looks like.

Thanks in advance

Holger (CaptainChaosMs)

Device: differend Huawei P30, Sony Zx1 Compact and an Oled Samsung same result

App Version: 2.27.2 (which has some improvments)

Comments

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

Very well said, even if English is not your best language.

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, tryied prime when redacted down, in sunlight on S10+ very hard too see stuff.. and i dont wanna use to high brightness to **** battery in no time.. and still hard to see things... its so bad compared to redacted :/

• I find that Prime is uplayable in bright sunlight. The whole point of Ingress is to get out and explore the world, but I have to switch to Redacted anytime I play when it's sunny.

I have seen similar posts to this one in a variety of places in the forums and I don't see any answers from Niantic on whether there are plans to improve this aspect of the game. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 8+. Even when I turn the brightness up as high as possible, it is still difficult to discern portals and XM. I'm not sure what I'll do when Redacted goes away. I don't want to give up Ingress, but this is very frustrating.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

According to Krug on TG they are gonna add a contrast slider in the next ui update.

• I really hope so! I might be able to use Prime if that happens.