August 2019 Ingress AMA Question Thread

Comments

• When will se see portals in back log from Guinea Bissau Starting to emerge?

Africa need more portals 😊

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

For a potluck I will be attending, should I make Chili Mac or Tater Tot Casserole?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell us about new features that are planned in the near future in the game after turning off the old scanner? This question is of interest to many agents, thank you for the answer.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

Shortly after the field covering the state of Utah was mentioned in Niantic's newsletter (which was a nice shout out, thanks for that) the whole thing, which had remained mostly intact for about three weeks was completely spoofed down. And they were really obvious spoofs. It shouldn't take more than a casual glance to confirm this and the accounts that did the deed have already been banned, So why does the process to restore spoofed fields take so long and why do spoofers suck so much?

• to date, the version of Prime lacks the following features (I will not list all ) and what would like to see indicate: 1. Will there be an opportunity in the game settings to adjust the quality of graphics ? 2. Will I be able to view portals with a hover function like the redacted scanner ? 3. when will be added the function of adjusting the portals ( in some versions ) ? 4. Will there be an opportunity to make a screen with statistics ?

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

Shortly after the field covering the state of Utah was mentioned in Niantic's newsletter (which was a nice shout out, thanks for that) the whole thing, which had remained mostly intact for about three weeks was completely spoofed down. And they were really obvious spoofs. It shouldn't take more than a casual glance to confirm and the accounts who did the spoofing have already been banned. So why does the process to restore spoofed links and fields take so long and why do spoofers suck so much?

• PixelbytesPixelbytes ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Hope you have a good holiday to recharge yourself.

Is there any thing you can tease about field test events?(Eg. plans of how frequent the event will be and activities to be done for the event)

Will there be a tier medal for participating multiple field tests events?

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Why were portal edits in OPR added to the Total Portals Analyzed counter, but not towards the Approved/Rejected counter for the OPR Medal?

Could there be a portal edit medal in the future at some point to encourage the reviewing of portal edits?

• Will Redacted be discontinued next month?

• sisimeonsisimeon ✭✭✭

OPR:

The guidelines state that adult oriented services such as liquor stores, adult entertainment and **** ranges should be given a 1* rating. But what about **** ranges which are oriented at people of all ages? Many kids practice **** as a hobby, similarly to playing football or baseball. It's even a competition in the Olympics. Are all **** ranges to be given a 1* rating or are there exceptions when they are not adult-oriented?

If yes, what about archery ranges?

• When will we have a green Prime scanner ?

• pwkspwks ✭✭

Where does the TOS draw the line regarding finding out where other agents live and sharing that kind of information to others? For example looking names from mailboxes to get an exact address? If this kind of action is not allowed, what kind of proof NIA needs to take action?

• how the lack of logictics in NL-1331 Europe events will be compensated???

• Why does it take multiple requests for missing IFS and / or other event badges to be resolved for the Scanner??? As of now, the POC's for RES and ENL for the Annapolis MD IFS have four outstanding agents who were denied our badges for this event. Did we contact our POC? Did we contact Helpdesk per the request of the POC? Did we have the Registration Portal? YES. Did we sign up on the Registration of FevGames? Yes. Did we provide ALL the paperwork requested?? Yes. POC's have been exhaustive in following up, but getting Absolutely Nowhere. I do know that this issue doesn't just sit with IFS, it happens again and again for multiple sites and events. Bit frustrated with the Helpdesk response. POC's have been amazing. Still missing my badge for IFS Annapolis, Maryland.

• canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

Shortly after the field covering the state of Utah was mentioned in Niantic's newsletter (which was a nice shout out, thanks for that) the whole thing, which had remained mostly intact for about three weeks, was completely spoofed down. And they were really obvious spoofs. It shouldn't take more than a casual glance to confirm and the accounts who took the fields down have already been banned. So why does the process to restore spoofed fields take so long and why do spoofers suck so much?

• This is a more technical one:

I figured a lot of criticism regarding Prime comes from the responsiveness of the app being worse than Redacted. I personally get the impression that about 1 out of 6 touch inputs just get ignored by Prime making it feel fiddly. Since I get that same feeling with the other Niantic games as well: Is it an Unity/Niantic platform engine constraint and is there still headroom for improvement?

Thank you!

• K4PNK4PN ✭✭

Sorry if my question is for twice. I dont have enought time to read everything, my daughter claims me! : P

I have started playing Ingress Prime exclusively and I admit that I miss the linking preview mode of Scanner Redacted, wich allow us to move freely around the map. Will it be in Ingress Prime any time?

• When will the Redacted Version end?

This discussion has been closed.