ITEMS DROPPED ON THE GROUND CAN BE POISONED ????

So if by example someone randomly throws a caspule filled of items on the ground and I collect it and it results that that capsule was preowned by an item seller ..would I be banned ???

This is ridicolous ,I don't understand anymore this game now I am afraid to collect even a key form the ground because you NIA scared me... I am not playing relaxed anymore.......😕

Tagged:

Comments

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

You won't be banned but the item(s) will be removed from your inventory.

• MMMh but they might think the guy dropped the items because I paid him....

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

What I think more likely happened is that Item Sellers passed on multiple items that were farmed by now banned agents.

Niantic probably set up some Tarbaby accounts and used them to buy items from item sellers. Then analyzed said items to trace their origin to the accounts that did get banned. I can see a lot of agents being caught up in this unwittingly. Especially if they had capsules items snooped from them by bots. Or if they were just in the habit of dropping items randomly. I haven't been banned yet but the other day I dropped 10 empty capsules (I had 30) rather than recycle them in hopes of some other agent might find and put them to use. (Or waste their time picking them up). It was at our local 8 farm so I'm praying item selling bitter didn't find them.

• ZoxiconZoxicon ✭✭
    edited August 2019

That's what I mean ..If someone maliciously drops capsules/items randomly in the ground near your location or during an event and you pick them up for any reason , you could be targeted wrongly for a ban ......

• NelkonNelkon ✭✭✭

Didn't your mother teach you not to pick up randomly any item that lays around on the street? ;-)

But I see your point and think this really might be a very extravagant way to harm other players:

1. But items
    2. Pick them up with a fake account
    3. Drop them in front of the house of your archenemy.

I hope that Niantic's anti trading analysis is more extensive. They should take other factors into account in order to avoid these false positives. Maybe a Device-ID or something.

• Ohh you gave me a good hint : how to destroy your archenemy !!!!!!