OPR ABUSE

Hello

I am writing from Turkey. The blue team players who play in Istanbul, our portal demands that have been in compliance with the rules for 4-5 months are constantly rejected. We're tired of this.

Let me give you an example of rejected requests.

This is the portal picture of a fountain in the park.

This is an embed external element. It can be deleted using the delete key or the backspace key. To view the full element, press the preview button below.

http://i.imgyukle.com/2019/08/05/kdikVn.jpg

In this picture is the SV view of the park where the fountain is located.

This is an embed external element. It can be deleted using the delete key or the backspace key. To view the full element, press the preview button below.

http://i.imgyukle.com/2019/08/05/kdiyC1.jpg

This is the position given to the fountain in the portal request. Shifted as it enters the range of the parking portal

http://i.imgyukle.com/2019/08/05/kdiaYQ.jpg

Range

And the classic answer I've been getting for 4-5 months.

Now let me show you how the blue team players in Istanbul approve their portal requests.

The code "xcopdf" written in the Submission Statement section is an agreed code to confirm the portal requests of the Istanbul blue team players.

In addition, with the EXIF add-on to their browsers, the blue team players of Istanbul have listed their phone brands and approved them accordingly.

Now, I would like to share with you the information screen regarding the approval or rejection of portal requests in which cities and districts in the telegram group of Istanbul blue team players.

http://i.imgyukle.com/2019/08/05/kdi9eS.jpg

http://i.imgyukle.com/2019/08/05/kdiwPb.jpg

As you can see, the blue team players are doing whatever they can to separate the portal candidates we send from their own and to approve their own portal candidates.

Let's have a look at the portals in the area they opened.

http://i.imgyukle.com/2019/08/05/kdsQkY.jpg

We are tired of sending portal requests. Each one is always rejected. On the downside, every portal candidate rejected is strictly in accordance with the rules of the game. If Niantic authorizes us to approve and reject portals, we need to concentrate the justice system here to give the necessary punishment to players who act in violation of this approval. Niantic has reported on this issue in the past that "you need to talk to a solution". However, this issue is far from being solved by talking. We tried and encountered negative results every time.

Waiting for the support of the players and the authorities.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• Thanks for exposing what all know but no one spends time to show.

• Its big problem...

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey This thread might be an interesting case of OPR abuse that has occurred as a result of Prime. It might be warrant for more research into said topic if it is true.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

5 star. It is very good and follow criteria. I dont understand when agents dont follow criteria and dont accept. Lots of good nominations follow criteria dont accept and OPR works bad now. I hope Niantic take hader grip to stop abuse when lots of agents always dont accept when other team send in nominations.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

Opposite factions is not the only problem agents acting holier than thou and trying to force their views about portals denying playgrounds etc because they don't believe in them being valid. If you don't agree with what niantic says is valid don't vote against 5* candidates via personal bias.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Big problem are agents dont follow criteria they must have street view when it is are very easy to understand nomination are on the location. Bad nominations dont follow criteria or faild locations dont follow critera accept often now. Very good historical or good nominations often dont accept. I think the big problem now are lots of players from Pokémon GO now use OPR. They dont read critera for nominations. Lots of agents like see portals live and dobt follow criteria and accept lots of nominations dont follow criteria.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

One side cannot do this alone. Accepting or rejecting submissions requires agreement from BOTH factions. If your submissions are being rejected then your own faction is rejecting them too.

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

Nothing new about OPR, is an old system which lacks of credibility and any kind of trust-worthy resolution with an awful long time to receive answers which comes from biassed and subjective desicions from locals to internet dudes since niantic doesnt take action in any kind of aspect, this wil going worse in the future, i know having free labor hand is cool...but..you even need to supervise this free labor hands.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

Is it all really pogo though? To be honest my area only had maybe two handfuls of pokemon go players beginning to submit. I am getting valid edits from some of the pogo agents cleaning up portal description and titles. I haven't seen too much abuse but I have seen abuse from both sides but locally I have noticed im more likely to get submissions from the car from agents when pogo players will be doing spheres so they don't get a denial. Now these observations aren't always true but I can see patterns and they aren't meant to say either group is better but honestly overall we should encourage proper submitting and voting communally and trying to make friends not enemies while doing whats rights and try to be inclusive of everyone as much as we can.

• We get along with my own team and we evaluate it according to the rules of the game. We work together by talking about these issues with our own team. Unfortunately, the blue team more than us and who have left the game before the accounts of those who take the opr evaluation with those accounts do. Who knows, maybe they're using a bot to refuse.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say it again in case you still don't understand. Accepting or rejecting submissions requires agreement from both factions. Not just one persion, multiple (probably equal) numbers from both. That's why they are called OPR Agreements. If your submissions are being rejected then multiple people in your own faction are rejecting them too.

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Approval requires votes from both sides. But I haven't seen anyone official say the same about rejections. ...Niantic hasn't revealed much about how the votes are counted, likely because a lot of players would then abuse the system.

However, if one side has voted 1* then it obviously doesn't have approval of both teams. So by my understanding that'll result in it being rejected.

• I know what you said. But the blue team is clever. Because they know this, they take a different path. They take the accounts of the green team players who reached level 10-11 but left the game. And they bring it to 12 levels and get into opr with these green accounts. And they don't deny it when we tell them they're using a green bot account.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold on, the blue team

* got the email addresses of old green team players

* got the passwords for each of these accounts

Are you seriously suggesting that either people voluntarily gave these details over, they were hacked, or were tricked into giving these details.

Sorry but that doesnt sound remotely realistic

• To me, it seems all you need is a few blue agents dedicated to 5 stars appropriate submissions against other blue's 1 stars. That should skew the voting scheme and make this alleged abuse crash.

Get to 16 and recurse, or befriend some blue agents.

• I'm sorry, man, but these are facts. 1 year ago until the blue green team did not experience such a problem. However, after a certain time, there was debate between teams, even fights. These blue and green player accounts receive before they fight. They didn't see a problem in giving them because they didn't play, but which happened to us again

• When I'm 16, it's blue and it makes sense to solve this. But only I can't keep up with this. And unfortunately we passed the stage of being friends with the blue team. Opr'de hand, arm, leg, we can not ask for anything to people who portal. Even if we wanted to, we wouldn't get along. They have to follow the rules. not with request

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

They seriously gave other people access to their own Gmail, MSN, facebook etc accounts ? Really ?

• It may not seem appropriate to share this information for your, but for players who play here it is commonplace to share personal game information. Unfortunately this is true

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

rejection doesnt require agreement from both sides, requiring both sides is just for votes, but the final desicion is done by a threshold in the final count of the votes, that is why if one side just 1 star and the other one dont 5 star is a secure denied portal especially if the ones doing 1 star are heavy opr accounts

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

And you have proof of that, because to my knowledge Niantic havent released information on exactly how portals are approved or rejected, what you are stating is a supposition and not actual known or proven facts

• I have no proof, either in writing or in painting, but they say verbally that the blue team rejects the OPR with green accounts. In addition, niantic does not have to publish. By experimenting with OPR, the logical functioning of most things can be determined. I didn't give an idea that the OPR system was opened with the cooperation of both green and blue accounts. Others who give this idea. Besides, this logical process is real or not, the blue team here is doing this.

• RenatoColdRenatoCold ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Você é muito inocente, aqui na minha região existe um jogador que criou mais de 5 contas iluminadas jogando com 2 celulares e as usa para votar no OPR, ele simplesmente colocou 14 portais na propria casa os quais a NIA removeu por minha denúncia.

Você parte do princípio que as duas facções jogam apenas com jogadores honestos e que estão votando igualmente, quando na verdade, 1 player possui diversas contas,

De um ping na conta MysticDemolidor e veja sua medal recruit impossivel, aqui na comunidade local vimos ao vivo as contas sendo criadas e a medal recruit dele subindo, nos acompanhamos também ele upando diversas contas iluminados, ele recursou quase 3 vezes apenas apenas upando contas verdes.

• Haven't read all of the op, nor any comments yet.

Looked at the first image - no faces, but people in the image that are avoidable.

It's a drinking fountain, is there anything special or unique about it?

Then I read a little bit more, you state the pin was mislocatee on purpose because its too close to an existing poi - rejection as abuse, or correct the location and its rejected for being too close.

I will read the rest now...

• Read the rest of the op.

The opr abuse you have rightly raised, I hope it's looked into, but I don't know what Nia could do about it?

The example submission would likely have been rejected, opr abuse or not, either as too close, or just another drinking fountain.

You share only part of the Rejection Email - more data is contained within them, and recently actual data helping to understand the overall reason it was rejected.

• Not weighing in on either person being right.

But it has been confirmed via amas.

Reviews required by both factions.

Ratings are weighted differently in each section.

Logic dictates as the ratings are weighted, an overall 'score' is derived from the combined reviews, if it meets all the relevant thresholds, portal goes live, if it fails to meet any/some /certain ones, it's rejected, or thrown back for more reviewers (limbo?)

• While the fountain seems acceptable, I would have rejected this just based on the fact that there are people and a car in the picture. You can always wait until they're gone, even if you have to come back later.

As for the code, yes that's clearly abuse. Something you can also take advantage of. Just input the same code on your submissions and suddenly you're opposing faction is voting for all your portals. The alternative is to make sure all the green voters who see that code make sure they 1* on reasons of abuse.