Features that Can't be implemented until Redacted is retired

I Heep hearing that until Redacted is retired there a lot of features that can be implemented. What are theses supposed features. I've here's a lot of speculation but nothing official. Some of the rumors are:

1. Item caps raised.

2. New types of items.

3. New wayas of interacting with portals. (Like fighting an exogenous entity at the portal)

Can anyone from Niantic say what these possible new feature s will be? Or it it just something we will find out Soon TM?

Tagged:

Comments

• StranditStrandit ✭✭✭

Foundables!

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

are you serious? about item caps? can i have more than 2000 if redacted is gone? please niantic put redacted into the grave already

• Recursion benefits most likely.

• OxterzoneOxterzone ✭✭✭

Interactions with portals involving the camera of the phone like Pokemon and HPWU

• GaijinHellGaijinHell ✭✭✭

Itemlimit isn't specific to redacted and it could be changed at any time. But it won't. I remember not having an Itemlimit at all in earlier versions of Ingress.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

forget higher cap limit.. new mods and or weapons? possible in future...

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

Get to fight team rocket at portals?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

New mods

New items

New ways to interact with portals which could be useful if you happen to be under a BAF.

New regional and global scoring system that encourages everyone to contribute regardless of level, location, or if they are under a BAF rather than depending on who can throw up the biggest BAF.

New interactive mechanics similar the "catch Pokemon" or "rescue foundables" feature in Niantic's other games.

New mechanic/items that encourage agents to walk in order to unlock them. (ex. hatch eggs, unlock portkeys)

Incorporate the cellphone's camera as part of game play.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

New mechanics for anomalies

Quite a number of players are tired of shards.

UPH/UPC indicator should be the second new feature

The first, by far, Updating the population density map, used for MU scoring.

As confirmed by Andrew K at one NL1331, this "map" is from 2011

Such that old/rural places then, are now thriving communities as any suburb.

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Since they retired the duplication of expensive items in quantum capsules, Ingress is really a game for the active players.

Before this as inactive player you could still be valuable just sitting on a bunch of capsules with expensive items to hatch.

I'd personally be opposed anything that would re-introduce "passive" ways of playing Ingress unless this is somehow stricly personal.

• CarpOfDoomCarpOfDoom ✭✭✭

A few personal wants ...

Better key organisation please!

For a pat on the back, gimme a text search for keys by portal name.

For a bronze star, let me "Favourite" portals and search keys on this basis.

For a silver star, let me assign categories to portals and search for keys on this basis.

For a gold star and promotion to the top of the class, let me use keys (recharging, remote viewing, linking) from within key lockers. Scrolling through a list of keys then removing them from lockers is not a fun mini-game, it's a tiresome chore that adds nothing to the experience.

To go along with favourites and categorised keys, the ability to choose which portals (using say "Favourites" or, for example, portals categorised as "My Locals") will generate notifications if attacked would be lovely. Attack notifications are wonderful things, but the system rapidly breaks down if you're deployed in high traffic areas, and gets downright irritating when you've upgraded some random portal on your travels that a local player keeps charged and their nemesis pings twice a day on their commute.

Alter the scoring system so as to make it less BAF, cargress, and "player desert" oriented. Don't get me wrong, I love a good BAF and a bit of cargress, but it feels a bit daft to have a system where, for example, I can score far, far more points for my team by chucking a couple of links across suburbia on the school run than I can in hours of high paced, intense town centre play, or where a player who happens to play in an area with little or no effective opposition can be a major force in the cell score whereas a highly active area with a load of agents competing vigorously for territory often contributes very little to the score.

Oh, and then there's a lil' technical one that does my bleep in, and has been doing my bleep in for years ...

CACHE ONES OWN MISSION BADGES! It's not hard. It's seriously not hard. Just do it.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭
  • starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

For a gold star and promotion to the top of the class, let me use keys (recharging, remote viewing, linking) from within key lockers. Scrolling through a list of keys then removing them from lockers is not a fun mini-game, it's a tiresome chore that adds nothing to the experience.

No. If you want to use your keys, don't put them in lockers.

My top priority for key management is: make the alphabetic sort work again.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

The first, by far, Updating the population density map, used for MU scoring.

Way low priority. Working with the numbers that exist is part of game strategy. (I'm sure it always used to say in the agent field guide that MU doesn't directly correspond with actual population; however, it no longer makes that distinction. The Fev Games guide at least says the number won't be completely accurate.)

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Also show a secondary score of "number of Resistance Field Dominated Cells in the world" vs "number of Enlightened Field Dominated Cells in the world."

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of players currently discouraged from playing, due to their area providing tiny amounts of MU.

Scoring strats should change as population change

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

As a rural player in a largely rural state, it is impractical care about MU unless it is towards the Illuminator badge. And once you get that badge up to where you want it, you never care about MU again. It's all about the AP grind.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

As there are less player and ingress change the whole score system should evolve and not just take mu in account.

There are so much more in ingress.

• Your badges and when you got them tells your history. I personally wouldn't recommend this change.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

I did not like it when they changed the line-up of badges to anomaly/event badges at the top and the stats/character cards below. As you said it showed at what point in time you achieved those badges. It would be nice to have a date stamp on achievements to show when you got each tier for badges.

• Let us get a API for key managent, and a new and improved Intel site

Thats my wishes

• lazelaze ✭✭

The ability to export a list of keys (or possibly to see them on the intel map) would be awesome.