The single mission bounty is not a very good task.

Comments

• JeroenixJeroenix ✭✭✭

If there could be an option to rearrange mission badges, I might be OK with it.

But right now, I'd hate shifting all my badges up one column for this task. This should be replaced with 'walk x km', I haven't seen that task yet..

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

That one will be a challenge for me too, but if I chose to seek it out, I wouldn't have to do 6x the work to not mess up my profile.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

There's "acquire a kinetic capsule program" which I think is their fix for any walking tasks. It's always been something miscalculated on Niantic's end.

• BlaumutBlaumut ✭✭✭✭

I agree that a mission is out of the scope for the bounty spirit.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

There are plenty of areas that have no competition that will not be able to complete some of these. If you find yourself not having competition then switch sides. That way you can actually complete some of these events. Not having turnover is terrible for the game.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Over the course of my work day yesterday, I mulled over this single mission task as a Daily task.

While the intention is good @NianticBrian, it should not be a Daily task, maybe as a Weekly Bounty, definitely not as a Daily.

Same goes for Do a Kinetic Capsule.

While I personally won't have a problem with this, there are others, less mobile, that cannot possibly do this, instead I recommend moving the Kinetic Capsule Bounty to a Weekly task as well

For a Daily, alternative suggestions are

Hack 6 different portals in 1 hour

Walk 2km

• The mission bounty could only be assigned:

1) to agents who have not onyx'd Spec Ops, and

2) on Second Sundays to anyone.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Or let us delete a bounty and swap that for something else random?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

So far the bounties are daily, I wouldn't even mention situations that aren't existing. FYI, the 2S coming up is still the 6 missions.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I know someone who refuses to glyph... if he gets a glyph task then I'm sure he will just skip it. I think that's a good general principle... if you get a task you don't want to do then just don't do it. All of the rewards I've seen so far have been quite small so skipping a task costs very little.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I am Well aware of this, I am also well aware of the limited mobility of some players

Am also conscious of the fact that new players might not want to commit to an 8km walk everyday either.

We are long time players and times like this we have to think about others, and new players.

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭

Machina works with these ones. I had a “destroy resonators” task today and my area is full of machina controlled portals. So it was easy to achieve.

• Shouldn't one task be enough to count towards a daily "stamp" (read: research day)? I hate drawing comparisons to PoGo, but...there it is!

In extension to being a "no missions" kinda person, I was about to restart this "Sojourner 3.0" to try to be privy to the day 1 club of the new stats tracked but couldn't follow through.

Ingress used to be more self-guiding, letting agents define their sense of journey and fun. This is unfortunately kinda restrictive, but I did like the concept.

• MrNateJoMrNateJo ✭✭✭

I honestly don't get this. Can someone explain it to me?

What's wrong with doing a single mission? Ok I guess it temporarily messes up the missions on your profile but as some who spent several trips to a big city to do a fairly large banner and when I couldn't go there on SS I did a simple 6 banner that I created in my home town. My banners are not messed up.

I think the issue/solution here is to create a banner that you can do easily and if this bounty comes up then either do the banner you were in the middle of or do the banner you created.

Sidenote: I created a banner rather than doing someone else's as I was in control of it so I knew it would never be taken offline

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people just like to complain. If you don't want to do a mission then skip it. Nobody is forcing you to do anything.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10

I myself never do single missions so why should i do now because of that task? It would only make me frustrated and give me more work to fix up the damage. Already have onyx in spec ops so im not chasing numbers either

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Mission is a very hard task; the bounty should be substantially better. Like a restock portal

And it should be a very rare task.

So that when you are lucky enough to get the mission task, the effort is worth it.

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

Enemy links probably includes machina, for what it's worth

• I think this is the solution. We can delete research tasks in PoGo, why not bounties in Ingress?

• I don’t understand how and why the community is so divided on this matter when the answer is so simple and there’s a clear middle ground that works for everyone. Make it so that you can re-roll one bounty per reset cycle and don’t remove any of the current bounties from rotation. Those that wanna keep the current bounty pool the same still have that and those that are unwilling or unable to complete any bounty (not just the missions one) are able to re-roll that particular bounty. Simple, no?

• While you’re not wrong about the messed up banner only being noticeable (or matter) to me, I don’t see any valid arguments as to why we couldn’t have a one time bounty refresh and I believe that it would only be an improvement to the currently existing bounty system in place. Even though I’m someone that prefers to do banners over singular missions, I’m not advocating for people that do single missions switch over to doing banners or vice versa. What I’d like to see is agents having more control and freedom over what bounties are available to them by allowing them to refresh any bounty of their choosing, and I don’t see how that would be a bad thing intrinsically.

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

I kind of like it the way it is, even though some tasks will be out of my reach. The game offers random acts to be performed and we have to strive to accomplish them. If we choose to. What is so difficult about saying, today I am not going to do that task because I want something else more. It's the same kind of simple choice we make as adults everyday.

• If it's any consolation, just want to mention that repeating a mission does award completion, luckily

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

NIA may like you're banners and murals but they don't care! Just do 6 single missions and boom you're able to get on with another mural. Not hard to do and no one is going to care about you having a random row of mission tiles between murals. I had to do it a lot to continue on with murals that were missing a tile or two due to the waypoint/mission being removed.