Exact date of the Redacted scanner being disabled.

What is the exact date that agents will no longer be able to use Redacted? All I've heard and read has said that this will happen in September, but I haven't seen an exact date posted yet. Does anyone know the exact date? Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Comments

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic hasn't released and exact date, and why would it matter if they did?

• Because people may be putting off adapting to Prime and having an exact timeline of how long people have to adjust is important.

• They haven’t said what year, let alone day 😉

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

When comm goes silent, then redacted is gone.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Get to adopting asap, waiting won't help anything at this point

• I'm already used to Prime. Right now I'm using Redacted more often, but mainly for nostalgic reasons and as a final sendoff for the game.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

i only play prime since may, and i won't go back to redacted. Once used to prime i far better.

I think i only use redacted now to fill and drop / pickup capsule as those aren't optimised on prime and to look for new players on faction comm as "xxxxx captured first portal and xxxxxx created first link" aren't there on prime anymore.

Yes freezes are annoying but each update there are less.

Loot windows should not block actions.

Battery consumption should be less.

Speelock when using anything else than prime while walking and coming back to prime is annoying too.

Navigate to portal, portal edit are missing but i hope will be back soon.

And well prime is too blue... why are the glyps and burst wave blue **** ??

Still, i stay on prime ^^ can't stand redacted for deploying and linking anymore. soooooo slow.

• Andrew Krug as said himself that redacted will go away when there is an acceptable level of parity between redacted and prime. We don't know when the developers will get there or what that acceptable level of parity is. Would you prefer they set a date and disable it if they haven't met said goals? Or just as bad, they set the date to far out and nobody is using Redacted at that point because Prime becomes a preferable platform but they can't add the new features until Redacted is shut down.

• I'm still hoping they change their mind. I've tried Prime several times, it's really user-unfriendly. Each time I played it for few hours and uninstalled and gone back to Redacted.

• Dread... I don’t like Ingress Prime :( (lots of reasons)...

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

They won't. The why has been chewed out dozens of times now.

Also it took me less then two weeks to integrate prime into my muscle memory to the point of beeing faster in it then in redacted, after two years of classic Ingress. It really isn't that big of a deal.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic are on track for fortnightly updates.

With UI update 2 slated for ~14th August

With a Tick-Tock style update structure

Tick -> Parity features

Tock -> bug fixes

There is still a number of parity features, however, it look slike, late September is looking to be the time when "full" parity is done

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

September 2019. What time exactly? We're given clues with Field Test coming 09/14 but honestly why there's no exact date is probably for good reason as they most likely want a certain Prime version to be what they deem as enough of a parity release.

• RuinDigRuinDig ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

End of Scanner[REDACTED] exact date, as far as I know is end of September 2019. Look at this blog article of [Question4]. The question was "Is there target date for discontinuing Scanner[REDACTED] in the near future?" That question was answered by Scot Frank @NianticScot , Ingress product manager at Niantic, Inc.

In addition, as far as I know, this time was the first announcement of end of Scanner[REDACTED] exact date.

You can watch this video with that blog article.

Place: Afterparty at Ingress XM Anomaly event Darsana Prime Tokyo

Date: 2019.3.23

Blog article and video by @RuinDig

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I still think redacted will retire before this field test thing they are doing in less then a month.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

At one of the NL events in Europe this summer, Andrew Krug said that the date will be rather at the end than the beginning of September.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not necessary. They can have new features that are in prime and not in Redacted for the field test, since this would only force using Prime for the attendants of the field test event during that event.