What's the point of playing?

I spent a week creating a large network of links in Lille, and then in 5 minutes, a player managed to destroy everything. Explain to me the point of the game. I don't understand how they did it. I have screenshots showing more than 40 portals being destroyed per minute.

Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• 6Art6Chi66Art6Chi6 ✭✭
    edited July 2023

Explain to me, is it a cheater or a bug? Either way, it's discouraging and makes me not want to play anymore. I'll probably quit. Five days of quests ruined in just 5 minutes.

• The point of play ingress or any other game or entertainment is to have fun.

Enjoy, have fun, build again, repeat. 👍

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Explain to me, is it a cheater or a bug?

Example:

If the player were standing on the Lille-Grand'Place, they'd be able to hit 62 different portals at the same time.

Level 8 XMP's have a range of 168m. The density in the missle of Lille is high.

Plotting out a bunch of portals from your attacks, you can hit them all from two locations.

Simple answer: The range of a Level 8 XMP is large enough to explain what happened.

• You're welcome! I'm glad I could help with the explanations. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.