A Machina Report – Introducing the new "Reclaimer” Medal [Discussion]

Comments

• Yeah, the easier to setup and the specific bit about "to earn the badge..." were my reasoning.

I think the other bit about destroying is just like "if they were to suddenly release Liberator, they'd mention the requirement for the portals to be destroyed in order for you to then capture them, not because it's specifically how the badge/stat works, but just because that's the basic concept of how portal ownership mechanics work - technically... you could get Onyx Liberator without ever firing an XMP/US and having 0 points towards Purifier... it's almost certainly not going to be like that, but it's technically possible.

• montitchamontitcha ✭✭✭

It is really so much. We never have 5k capture after deploy. So much time, so mucht kilometers, so mucht buster, just so mucht numbers for the medal.

I want just play, not take my times, my monnaie for play with a bot who don't play with the same rules...

Changes the step for medal. We make a lot works for playing with machina. Be just for all.

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

Going to end up having to capture all the portals in a given area or try to remember which were Machina. Be nice if they added a portal filter for previously Machina owned.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Very curious on what kinda time you have to recapture as well. A couple minutes, a checkpoint or an entire cycle? I can’t imagine it would be anything longer than a checkpoint, but very curious. Any groups doing research?

• MrNateJoMrNateJo ✭✭✭

Badge on par with liberator, if they don't turn all neutral portals machina then no one will get onyx before the shut this game down according to the posts I've read on here lately /s

• chookchook ✭✭

That badge is ludicrously stupid.. glad I quit while the game was ahead! Right now time to battle 50 team rocket bosses.

• ScallyjScallyj ✭✭

This onyx is nearly unattainable, I’ll have to drive an hour away, just to get half of bronze. I hope Nia drastically increases the spawn rate for this badge, my humble thoughts

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Got 13 points this evening in a park. Unless they crank Machina up, loads of agents are going to be vastly disappointed.

If they crank it up too high too fast, other parts of the game begins to break.

• chookchook ✭✭

Lol is ifu actually a thing or is that some sort of really funny joke? IFU 🤣 NOW I'VE HEARD IT ALL.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Onyx is more than twice the number of portals I've ever visited in 8-9 years of relatively high level play.

Ridiculous.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is almost impossible, let alone platinum. Onyx maybe in fifty years of gameplay. Whomever creates the tiers cannot actually play.

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Remember, some badges are multi-year endeavours, you're not meant to get it quickly.

Machina portals are also very weak, so it's not like smashing them is too hard, and the stat also fits in with how to prevent Machina, removing neutrals from the field.

• DrHydrosaurDrHydrosaur ✭✭✭✭

It’s not that it’s hard to neutralize and capture a Machina portal, it’s that , very likely, even for very active agents, there will either be too few Machina to realistically achieve a platinum in 5-10 years of play or Machina would have to be absolutely rampant.

Maybe it will be possible to come up with a Machina farming exploit, but I’m not sure that’s a particularly good idea either.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like you need a very large city with no players so that every portal can become red and it will still take years to get onyx, if ever really.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

implying they aren't to apply machina badges for the retroactive stats

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

So,to "invite" M portals (and have some progress with this medal) somewhere closer now i need NOT to capture neutrals and possibly NOT cover area with fields?

Yes,numbers are crazy and i thought it will be like extra purifier badge (M resonators/portals destroyed was in stats,not "recaptured").

So yes,another forever-closed medal.

• A new medal about Machina Report?

Interesting 🤔!!! Well, that's good 😊!! Cause I'll destroyed all Machina XM portals by using the ultimate secret weapon, the MASSIVE Level 8 XMP Bursters in my capsules at my inventory items!!!

And we are just getting started, because we're the Resistance agents!!!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Onyx is meant to be hard and not easy, but depending where u live even gold can take years for some...

• DarraxDarrax ✭✭

Definitely a time consuming badge in terms of the requirements needed for it to be awarded onto your scanner in the current state.

Maybe one/multiple of the following changes would help lessen the grind overall but still retain the challenging nature of the new badge while improving an agents flexibility on how to achieve this endeavour:

* 1 point increments are awarded for every Machina resonator destroyed.

* 1 point increments are awarded for every resonator deployed on a portal previously controlled by Machina.

* Variable point increments are awarded when a previously controlled Machina portal is caputed based upon the level of the portal when it was killed (P5=5 points, P8=8 points, ect, ect)

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

That's how I'm looking at the tiers as well. We don't know how the machina will be produced in the months ahead.