Machina no longer links through ENL/RES links?

Just a question if anyone noticed a change in recent machina spawns behaviour.

Wherever I see machina now on intel map it does not have links passing through existing enl/res links, which was the case at least before last anomaly after which the machina portals died.

Anyone see any machina cross-linking? :)

Tagged:

Comments

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭

I haven't seen any machina here at all from a while.

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

I have one somewhat near spawn. Been watching it, no cross links yet. If I get the chance I'm going to go link fence it and see what happens. Got a feeling we now have a really watered down version of Machina that's ready to farm.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This was a massive issue before. And happy with it not cross-linking.

Am watching various channels to see if anyone has seen cross linking to know for certain.

Time will tell

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

sad of this change, machina is completely harmless now

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd recommend to be patient.

It was quite obvious that the first week of Machina deployment went out of control really fast.

So we can gather from this deployment that the rate of infection has been reduced.

No doubt this is entirely configurable on the server to ramp up infections for particular events

• CrepitusOzCrepitusOz ✭✭✭

Also noticed last ones I hit didn’t drop shields and shooters, just resos xmps and keys

edited May 2023

Well if it can't cross links it's not totally useless. We can use links to force it to fill in areas for field art. I'm thinking a red rose. We need to start a thread on effective farming methods, we can discuss things like whether to use low level burster or ultras to harvest with out wiping out too many portals at a time. And maybe a field art thread to share other ideas.

I take that back, with Machina now dropping xmp instead of mods, farming it really would be pointless. Still good for field art I suppose.

• It looks like machina links don't even cross other machina links any more.

No link crossing, no mod dropping, no real point. It's a fence them and forget them watered down variant.

• DrHydrosaurDrHydrosaur ✭✭✭✭

Farming will be about attaining the new badge instead of mods.