Can NIA quit approving part mission banners

MJ78MJ78 ✭✭✭
edited May 2023 in General

I've started a mission banner today, only to find part 9 is missing.

I wish NIA would quit only approving some missions and not all relating to a banner.

It is highly irritating starting a banner only to find one, or more parts missing.

With Mission Days next weekend, it will mean the whole banner will now have to be redone at a later date - when eventually fully approved.

Either approve the whole banner or none at all.

Post edited by MJ78 on
Tagged:

Comments

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the "none at all" part.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Classic Niantic here though. Unfortunately, things like scanning and campfire take priority. Not sure if we blame Brian and Hanke, but they are missing the part where working on and updating existing parts of the game, may actually help keep existing agents playing the game. Instead, they seem to focus on things existing agents could mostly care less about, scanning, campfire, lower server costs, etc. The task system was a step in the right direction, but we’ll see how much time they spend on it. Just look at drones. Implemented and has really only seen a couple minor updates since then. Agents have asked for another medal or two, silence. Agents have asked for a drone visited layer, silence. Half a$$ed effort and then quickly moving on to other projects.

For actual advice on this issue. Contact the agent who created the mission to see what’s up. If no response, see if you can find the banner posted somewhere and then create the mission yourself. I’ve done that a couple of times now.

• MJ78MJ78 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

I checked various sources and the mission definitely does not exist. Parts 1-8 and 10 -12 have all been approved and are online. Which begs the question why not part 9.

It is utterly ridiculous that certain parts of a banner can be approved, whilst other parts have not.

This brings me back to my main gripe - either approve a banner in its entirely, or not at all. It saves a lot of annoyance by players who have wasted hours doing something that isn't complete.

Contacting the Agent who made the banner is all well and good, however you can't rely on a quick response when standing around on the street wondering what to do next.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

problem is nia see each mission piece on their own and not as banner as community created banners not niantic

My advice was making the assumption that you could finish it later. And maybe to prompt some action. The mission could have also been removed at some point. If no response, then you might need to take more drastic action like recreating that single mission.

this happened to me once a trip out of town, but by random chance, an exact copy of the mission was in a town near my home. Was able to finish it that way.

Good luck and I completely agree with you

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure would be nice for them to fix it. But don't hold your breath. I had part of a mural of mine denied for multiple reasons. It's a space themed mural, and a few of the circles are just black. One was denied for copyright infringement. But other parts were denied for various vague reasons. I left the ones that are published, published. Only half is online. I haven't fought with the idiot approvers about it for over a year now. It's not worth the time to mess with it. But I also rarely publish any missions, so I'm not removing them. Good luck agent!

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭

Niantic does not acknowledge banners in any way. In the minds of reviewers, developers, and designers: missions are single entities.

So, ideally, when someone creates a banner, they get missions 2+ approved before submitting #1. People won't do it until they find #1.

If portals are removed, missions will remain even with only one portal left. If ALL portals are deleted, the mission goes away.

Perhaps you can contact the mission author to create / recreate #9.

Or create a new #9 yourself, even if it looks a little funny in the set. Or do another mission in the #9 spot, then resume with 10-12. Or just skip #9; do 1-8 and 10-12, then any old thing to keep your rows even.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Missions need a long overdue overhaul, being able to actually submit groups of Missions as a whole would be nice,

Deleting all portals didn't make mission dissappear... https://youtu.be/dq5PJFNtT0I

• I wish NIA would quit only approving some missions and not all relating to a banner.

NIA cannot tell which missions are a group, because "officially" they don't support banners. So every mission is evaluated independently, often by different people who don't see 18 missions. They might see two, and lack the context for the rest.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I took every banner I made down. It took 3 years to get my last banner approved. Once I finish that one I'll take it down too. They don't want banners anymore even though players do. Until they address the problem I'm not going to submit anymore.

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭✭

I create banners because they bring joy to agents. I don't care that they don't bring joy to Niantic. I'm not going to be complacent in their joykill. Let's sneak around them and have fun!

• MJ78MJ78 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Well it doesn't take Einstein to work out if some individual missions may be part of a bigger banner mission. From the mission images and the bigger clue - the name of the missions.

If a mission is named as 1/12, 2/12, Part 1 of 12, etc, etc, that would strongly indicate that mission is part of a bigger banner mission.

The missing mission I was complaining about was named 9/12, followed by the same mission name used in all the approved parts of it.

• Again, you're assuming they're both able to see other missions, and also not being directly instructed to treat each mission individually.

Niantic has to want banners to be a thing, before they support them, no matter how long they've been unwilling to see that.

• We XMAs can try to bring the issue to Niantic's attention, but there is no guarantee that Niantic will take notice.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If you mention a certain anomaly in Brooklyn where they did a horrible banner...

It's just there's no excuse for Niantic where a simple update to the API to acknowledge banners and it could also clean up the nearby Missions list by having the banners grouped.

• There's plenty of excuse for them. "We don't want to."

It's not something players agree with at all, but when has Niantic seen the direction of the game as something the players dictate?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It's probably they can't mess with the Field Trip APIs at this point since it used to be integrated within Google back in the day.

The bigger issue is no communication on simply stating there's hardship versus having to make assumptions based on what we do know about the functionality.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

GASP! It can't be that easy. No way. Too bad they want to throw all of their dev money at updating scanning instead of spending a little time and money towards things that keep agents playing. And still they can't figure out why numbers continually drop. I mean, it's not like the community didn't design a new website just to help map out banners ect...