Post your Prime anomaly experiences here

I used Prime for the entire Madison anomaly. My feedback is as follows.

Prime is almost all the way there in terms of functionality. I didn't have any complaints about missing features.

The one thing that did bother me a LOT is that the app has a tendency to suspend itself when put in the background (for example, to open Zello). Suspending the app very often causes it to do a full reload when it is brought up again - requiring a full game reboot including the animations and everything. Redacted does this but not nearly as much.

It's a problem because my wife has an older phone and the game takes many minutes to load. This is killer when seconds count.

Comments

• The app suspension is possibly phone induced, depending on the make/model of the phone. Lots of phones now have default to **** apps that are pushed to the background, so they can claim a longer battery life. Except some of us (like at anomalies) have battery packs and don't care about batt life, we just need the apps to stay open and work!

As a recharger for the anomaly, I and many of my teammates noticed (quite frequently, I might add) the app locking/freezing up as we tried to recharge. One person speculated it was possibly when the portal changed states (capped by the other team, ghosted, upgraded etc) but I never could find a consistent reason. it DID dampen my recharging efforts , having to reload it 6-8 times per hour, though. When it'd freeze, it'd be just a full screen image of the map of play. No bottom recharge buttons or anything, just a full screen frozen map. And that was it.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I did whole anomaly in Lyon on prime too.

No big problems, 2 frezees. top hack.

But the hack/glyph loot text box is boring.

- Make it click - transparent as not having to click 2x time each time to get rid if it.

- I don't see the point of two separate box for loot + gluph bonus loot, just put one on too of the other.

Oh and still too blue

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I used Prime exclusively for the Montreal Anomaly, as a bike team. It worked well except when it didn't. It crashed 5 times in 3 hours, with 2 of those being "freeze" crashes. I didn't notice those immediately, because I was biking to another place. Blowing up portals (or trying to) worked, but I got the "Too Many Bursters" dialog a few times. I couldn't tell when portals were grey, and shifting from attack mode to deploy more was very slow, so slow it was harder than usual to capture a contested portal.

Overall, it worked better than expected, and if everybody was using Prime, I wouldn't feel at such a disadvantage. It is getting better, and I can see a time when I switch over and don't look back.

The one finger spin is very nice for biking, and the hacking gestures for choosing key/no key is pretty awesome.

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

The hack output blocking the action area really sucks. I would hack a portal and then have to clear the screen so I could see portals. Very inconvenient when biking