Community's existence is not obvious

I come here to check into OPR things, like AMAs and the such. I realize time and time again that there is a massive fragmentation in the user base regarding outreach.

In Redacted days, there was an integration to G+ to link things, alerting people that there is some community. At the very least, I would expect there to be a glaring link inside OPR to the OPR forum, perhaps some sort of RSS-like feed of relevant posts for guidelines. But this doesn't exist.

I get annoyed because it's this impossible task to try to inform the community. Even for me to join was a stretch, because I had to spend several minutes tracking down the location of the new community, which is much better than it was before in the G+ days for what it's worth. My area has a small but tight knit community of Ingress players on each faction, and I may be the only one that knows where to even go for updated info. Most people just check the Ingress or IngressOPR subreddit for information, which is fairly dubious.

At the end of the day, there is almost no incentive for anyone to want to come here, because it's not required in any way or obvious that it even exists to most players.

Comments

• FysXFysX ✭✭✭

To clarify, my feedback is that there's not enough outreach. I think there should absolutely be a link inside Ingress Prime and on OPR at a bare minimum to encourage users to explore.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the reasons I've been quoting things from various chats in the app feedback forum is that many of the people I'm quoting haven't been interested in what they see as the tedious task of making and configuring a forum account.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Which makes no sense when they had to make an account back in the G+ days...

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess if we spam enough so we can do basic forum functions, then, it makes it look like the community is well used since there are soo many posts!