Communication.

2»

Comments

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

I play because I enjoy the game Niantic provides. I buy core and other packages because I choose to support them. After all, there is no free lunch, they need to make a living. Sure I wish I knew all the future plans. But I'm here enjoying the product Niantic provides and if they decide, their game, needs to change or go in a different direction. Then I think One, I'm down for the ride, and Two, the haters that can't adapt might look around, find a game you like. Or admit it, there ain't a better one and we all are not going anywhere. So stop looking back, hitch up your shorts and get ready for the next change.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

A little bit of a longer thought on this with some personal stuff

I decided a while back that I wanted to get into doing Community Management type roles, as I enjoy community engagement and planning out community events. Not everyone agrees with what I say *points to post history here and on the Wayfarer forums* but that’s fine, I don’t expect them to.

On one of the courses I’ve done, the communication aspect was really driven home about Community Management and engagement, and how that helps to grow your audience when they know that their concerns are listened to, and ensuring that information is consistent.

Unfortunately for whatever reason, Niantic have really dropped the ball on this when it comes to Ingress.

MZPFK information was everywhere (some on the news site, some on replies sent by Thia on Twitter etc.) & when there’s the opportunity to cross-promote (such as for the 18th), nothing happens. I’m aware it would be a different set of people on advertising and new user acquisition but we have likely all seen NBA All-World being advertised on social media. I’m also seeing a lot of Pokémon GO adverts as well, but can’t remember ever seeing one for Ingress. Maybe that’ll change at some point?

• The first rule of MZFPK is: you do not talk about MZPFK.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

Recruiter badge (#foreverunlocked) is dead - took away incentive for agents to recruit.

Ingress Report and other frequent social media postings have been long gone. Presumably because niantic decided to defund this popular aspect of ingress.

Under-field linking took away incentive for agents to field. Many agents who liked fielding have become casual/infrequent or quit.

Ingress agents watch while niantic's other properties enjoy marketing campaigns.

Agent ops system is too little too late.

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

The game has changed. It's likely going to change more. Will there be growing pains as changes are worked out and fine tuned, of course there will be. But it is still a fun game even though it is not the original game of the past. Adapt and do things you find enjoyment in. If there are none for you any longer, do something else. Ingress is a game we play voluntarily for fun.

Stop beating a dead horse, it's a zebra now.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Tip: Reposting stuff that Niantic provides is not really community engagement. It's low effort.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

True but it seems they either use Telegram or social media for their updates.

I'm surprised no one has made a "Ingress Social Media Primer" yet because it seems we have the jist of their various communications.