Warm Phone and Dragning lots of battery

jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Report a Bug

The Ingress app are not optimize for Samsung Galaxy S23 with Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy. Now The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra get very warm and take extreme lots of battery. Please release new update and update for Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy.

I have latest Ingress app and Software update and Android 13.

@NianticBrian

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Here Youtube see Ingress take 11.1% battery and not optimize for Samsung Galaxy S23 with Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Firefox Galaxy.

Please opimize now and send out new update very soon.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Optimize for the 0.5% of agents using phones at top end of devices, <censored>

edited March 2023

But not optimize for Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 For Galaxy. Time for Niantic to optimize and send out new update. Lots of People have Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 in 2023. Most of premium phones before Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 are optimize.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

its a power hungry chip not much niantic can do, this game run fast enougj on midranger phones never any overheat issues

Take very low battery and cool if apps are optimize. But Ingress Prime are not optimize. I can runt Apex Legends in Original max graphic long time 1 houer and take 4-5%

Ingress are the only app take 11.1% and lots of People on internet write if apps take 11% it is not Optimize for Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.

100% know Ingress Prime now not optimize for Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

The hungriest ingress scenario is scan with "upload now".

In your case battery drain is because (!!) of overheat which is because of 8g2 is hot enough on top speed. It is not possible to control cpu governer or clock via Ingress xD (it can be manipulated on custom kernels with root tools,which also is not your case).

Also Apex Legends is built on unreal engine 4,ingress is on unity, Two diffirent game engines. Apex uses ar,camera or geolocation? I dont think so. So add camera,ar,location and probably worse engine to factors which can eat battery xD

LOTS of people use Gen2? Okay,https://9to5google.com/2023/01/18/android-13-device-distribution/ here you can see that Android 13 is only on 5 percent devices,and even not all of them are on gen2,for example Pixel uses Tensor,and custom Android 13 roms counted too.

Yes for sure it seems bad that flagship phone overheats on not the hardest task, And definetely yes it should be fixed some way.

edited March 2023

Not hot but when i use Ingress not optimize for Snapdragon 8 gen 2 for Galaxy it get very hot. When @NianticBrian update and optimize we get same normal war as other GPS apps and games.

Only happend when app makers dont optimize apps for Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy. When it optimeze it is more cool than S21 Ultra with Exynos.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Apex legends in this pic shows that it was played for ~half an hour and used 4% battery

Whereas Ingress was played for ~1.5 hours used 11% battery

Extrapolate out AL 4% for 1.5 hours, is 12% battery

What this shows is that regardless of high end game you're playing it will drain the battery at the same rate.

I don't have the S23U, but I can say that even with my Old S21U if I turn down the display brightness down, a lot, my device doesn't get hot even at 60FPS

Unless you have another app, or virus, on your device which hides itself on the task manager that is consuming more power

No. Only Ingress Prime not much for Snapdragon 8 gen 2 for Galaxy. Get very hot to. Today when i play the app close.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Rather than blame the app, find out what is happening with it overheating.

As this is the first time in a very long time we've heard of overheating.

For example, on a bright sunny day my device overheats, this isn't a fault of Ingress, but the shear fact that sunlight has a lot of Infrared Radiation, which leads to dark things getting hot.

As samsung devices have deep **** in their displays, this absorption of infrared is what is causing some overheating.

If I play Diablo Immortal (which I no longer play) that is done at home, and it severely overheats my device.

Same as the Heroquest app, which I honestly don't even know why it drives the GPU to max power, for a turn based board game.

Only the app. Test orher apps in sun and not draw 11% after 1 houer and 30min. Test warm fan not coming to 11% in other apps. But with in cold wather i always get 11% with Ingress Prime and 100% not optimize. Lots of people now i talk with on internet say they see in code Ingress Prime not are optimize for Snapdragon 8 gen 2.

Hope they optimize soon.