Camp Navarro portal removed due to ignorance of Wayfarer team

Comments

• Anyone can submit all of them again with original photos and names. Even in LightShip. Niantic just has to approve them :P

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Unfortunately, by Wayfarer's guidelines, those portals would be 1 * since they were temporary art displays. 😭

Sadly, we know Niantic could manually restore them. They also could do whatever they do to protect "Niantic Community Day Meetup Pokestops," sponsored waypoints, and NL-1331 from troll deletion; however, that assumes the current team actually cares.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

Currently, rights to the Lightship database have been taken away from the Ingress team since the October 2022 reorganization.

The Wayfarer team manager also shut down criticism of himself with a throwaway line.

Therefore, the only way left now would be to write Navarro's data into the location database held by the ingress team.

This should resolve the issue promptly.

However, it seems to us that the Ingress team is remaining silent in the hope that this issue will fade away.

Not a good attitude from an agent's point of view.

@NianticBrian @NianticThia

One question, are you prohibited by the Wayfarer team from writing even to the location database owned by the ingress team?

If yes we have to protest to the Wayfarer team.

If no, please resolve this issue as soon as possible.

• Thank you for the update. Understand this issue is a curveball you will need to handle in addition to the list of task you need to do.

Hopefully this will be resolved when you are able to work on it proper

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

To be absolutely fair, it doesn't make sense to restore the portals as Wayspots into the Lightship database. These are Ingress themed portals, so they should only be in the Ingress database and not the Lightship database that is synced to all games. There already exists a way to create portals that won't appear in any other game, most notably sponsored portals.

I assume the Wayfarer team recreated the portals with the "Ingress only" flag, however for some reason these don't actually sync into the game. In that case, the Wayfarer team can't do anything about that because the Ingress teams needs to dive into their own code why POIs with the "Ingress only" flag don't sync into the game.

It sucks that the discussion was closed, but I do believe that it is out of the hands of the Wayfarer team now.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

That is just a method.

The point at issue here is different.

• AkakunAkakun ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I hope Niantic can finally learn something about comunication here. Not just between company/consumers. But specially inside the company itself, which it seems to be the main issue that started all.

These portals are gonna take weeks (maybe even months?) to take them back, which it could be easily avoided if the Wayfarer team were properly documented.

I appreciate Thia's heads up on this case (despite me not being an affected agent, but I can't help myself on thinking that some day a worse avoidable mistake can happen). Just don't let it sink...

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I mentioned this in other places, but what about having events to restore these Portals @NianticThia ?

As part of the AgentOps, work a storyline that it is Machina who took these Portals offline. Assign a set of tasks to everyone to do x amount of hacks, KM, Machina attacks or whatever, along with a global goal.

If the global goal is met, then the Portal is restored. If not, it is held by Machina, boosting them up or something.

• The Holy Order of Saint Jarvis happens to be hosting the Tacoma anomaly 👀

Don’t worry about it. I phrased it poorly I feel, looking back at it.

Let’s just hope the Portals get restored at some point soon.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

This still isn't PokemonGo. It's Ingress. If you want your group tasks, open the correct application.

That’s fair, but it’s not like Pokémon GO is the only game with a task based system or global goals for players to achieve together.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

Good

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

The portal key is then simply returned to the participant.

@Ishira , If you or your friends keep a list of agents who have participated in Camp Navarro, you should prepare it.

It is not known if Niantic keeps a list of participants.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for restoring Portal.

You mentioned that you took protective measures, but there are similar portals (such as XM Profiler), are they protected?

It would be helpful to hear from you as well.

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

Very cool, thanks for the codes.