multi-accounts, a problem never solved

Good morning, I hope you accept the use of the translator for this thread. Now we come to the important thing, multi-accounts are and have always been a problem, both for the agents and for the support area. a big problem that to date has no solution. Today I see myself surrounded by multi-accounts that are used to expand the range of the portals and use portals in the middle of the sea to cut the game. and they will wonder how I know they are multi-accounts. you realize that they use them only for that, that these accounts have no other game within ingress other than placing their resonator 8 to expand their range. accounts that stop playing along with their "main" accounts and come back together. accounts is more only the main ones make the links and the fields and you are multi-accounts do not take medals or points. It's sad to see how others use cheats and you don't see responses from a girl. I'm still waiting for someone to help me see this. I know it's difficult because I'm sure they'll use other cell phones to pretend they're more people than they really are. If anyone else has these problems, we could get together to try to make sure that the girl listened to us and give this game that we love the chance to continue without the cheaters that always follow us. thanks and regards

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

I provided Thia with a method to eliminate or significantly reduce multi accounting.

Solutions aren't easy to implement and Niantic have their own methods to defeat multiple accounting

Post edited by Grogyan on
  • ank you for your comment, I hope this is resolved soon. I don't want to leave this community because of the multi-accounts

• What is your goal? Are the multi accounts preventing you from playing your game? Report them for that reason. Though I agree cheating is for lougers, it happens, but lets have fun

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

As if reporting for multi-accounting works as expected....🙄

• NoctarionNoctarion ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

This problem will never end cause the game's support is a joke. You've got be lucky to get someone banned for this reason. At this point multi-accounting looks like it's almost permitted considering they do nothing to the people that use many accounts to lvl up a portal.

Of course multiaccounters prevent people from properly playing the game, it makes you use extra resources to bring down reinforced portals with 4 mods for example, that's discouraging. Now that double 7 is gone it's even harder to get high level weapons to destroy reinforced portals, specially when u are playing alone against the opposite faction and almost half of them (in my city) use at least 2 accounts.

Here we have someone that uses 3 accounts, according to him "one belongs to his wife and the other to his bother-in-law", but you never see those accounts doing any action by themselves yet you still always see them on every portal this person owns, there's no register for resonator upgrades or mod deployment so it's actually hard to catch them playing cause it's obvious that he's silently using those account when no one can see him.

Best you can do is get another phone and do the same, Niantic doesn't give a sheet.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Yes. If only talking about "Inappropriate Gameplay Report" support tickets...only following three categories will be reviewed manually by really reading your ticket:

Spoofing with Fast Track form submitted (firstly someone will check if your ticket matches fast track rules and then read your ticket if met)

COMM hara.ssment

In-Person hara.ssment

However, generally following categories will be reviewed manually by directly closing your ticket or at most performing a system scan on targeting account before closing the ticket but not actually reading your ticket:

Spoofing without Fast Track form submitted, or not complying with the Fast Track criteria

Multi-accounting

Perhaps You could imagine the reasons behind this. It's because general spoofing and multi-accounting would be detected by their system automatically and thus no need to read your ticket. We know that it's difficult for their system to detect those cheatings but if they are not detected automatically by the system then it wouldn't be as well by analyzing the words your sent.

All what "multi-accounting reports" can do is to tell Niantic that someone is angry about someone's behavior, that's all. This helps to aggravate the pun.ishment if later Niantic really found something wrong with targeting account and decided to deliver pun.ishment. But it does not help the conviction.

Post edited by TheKingEngine on
  • When the multi-accounting involves a player using accounts from both factions to level up the accounts (win-trading) and then uses the 2 faction accounts to be able to clear portals and links from both teams, this gives them such an unfair advantage and is worse than the scenario of using the same faction to upgrade portals.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I see players that capture a portal and then start dropping keys and shields. The gear then disappears. Then magically the player makes links to the keys that they dropped and puts the shields on the portal. Either they are dropping all the keys and mods from another account or they are doing it for good luck. All the while it's only one account doing any actions in comm. I've even seen them dropping capsules, again must be for good luck. I've even caught them by themselves deploying with two accounts, unless the second account is simply wearing their invisibility cloak and I just couldn't see them. It's been going on for years. It's just how they play the game. And it's allowed. If their team accepts them and Niantic does nothing about it then it's just the new normal.

• You are referring to the "backpack account" scenario - where the second account holds the excess keys and gear. When quantums were still inexistence the backpack account was also helpful for replicating keys and gear.

My scenario involves the account of one faction clearing clusters of portals and links of the opposite faction for a few blocks then switching to the other faction account to clear the links and clusters of essentially their own team. Although hard to say which is really their team at that point since they are loyal to neither.

• We're currently struggling with a user from South Korea who uses multiple accounts.

This user keeps creating accounts as if to mock other players' reports, and creates abusive accounts with nicknames of nearby users.

NIA continues to refuse to process it, saying that the nickname is not a violation of our community guidelines.

• We had the same issue for a very long while. Used players name with sayings that were very nasty. Shows up in comms.

• edited March 2023

Multi accounts and spoofers never solved,you can only report them,but as you can see how support works 😂 explanation It doesn't affect the results, the supporting documents are also useless, I'm starting to doubt whether they are bots or are they human? If they're human I want to ask if they have any logic regarding Spoofer movement (based on our explanation)