How to NOT pick an anomaly site…

2»

Comments

• Not sure about Izmir. I was there for NL+Mission Day, it certainly is big enough to host an anomaly and the Earthquake was in a different region.

But Rotenburg is really a strange choice. All serious German players will go there for the medal. Myself, I will probably stay in Kassel which might have been a better choice.

Fully agree on all other points made.

• Are you assuming that XMAs and Vanguards had any information before the list was released?

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

They don't. In some cases it looks like what's halfway between ...is being employed and the nearest city with any level of portal density is chosen.

• I recall two occasions when I had a problem to believe what I just read. I couldn't believe the stupidity.

The last one was "Rotenburg an der Fulda" is a anomaly city.

The other one was when this, now unemployed, guy suggested to drink chlorine as a cure against COVID.

But I see the decisions for Rotenburg positive. The Mission Day on Sunday will cover every portal in town twice and can be done in an easy 2 mile walk.

SoftHAK

Anomaly veteran.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

This is not the first time the mess has been involved in selecting the venue for the anomaly, but I am disappointed that the Vanguard and Ambassadors are not making effective use of it.

Also, the current Ingress is currently split between cities that do not wish to host anomaly and those that do.

That said, as I posted earlier in another thread, the candidacy of the Anomaly host city from the RBB last year carried a new air to the Anomaly.

This will be a positive for Ingress in the future.

So, I think it would be good for Ingress to have a system where some venues can be held through this kind of candidacy, instead of everything being decided by Niantic.

For example, if the format of this year's Q2-Q4 is adopted for Q1-Q4 in 2024, there will be 12 cities (4 in Asia and Oceania, 4 in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, and 4 in North and South America), one in each of the monthly venues, with the agents' candidacy in addition to the 24 cities chosen by Niantic. would not be bad.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I've heard, some of these sites came from the Mission Day applications a few months back where they also introduced the Mission Day Lite option.

Does it make sense? Not at all but it's at least some understanding on how these sites were picked. The assumption is there's POCs from those forms.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

You're assuming this was discussed with XMAs and Vanguards.

• chousan07chousan07 ✭✭
    edited February 2023

I don't think the decision is related to the introduction of Missio Day Lite, It's the size of 2500 people where Mission Day Lite can be held, the population of Rotenburg is, surprisingly, too large for that.

The reason why the NIA came up with the idea of holding Anomaly in Rotenburg, for example, is that players in their area have put their name forward to host the BB battle in 2021 (perhaps).

(However, if you are trying to say that the NIA is trying to look at smaller towns, or that the NIA might use it as an excuse to look at smaller towns, then I agree with that :))

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

The English translation may be ambiguous due to the translation application.

I believe the confusion is caused because Niantic, Vanguard and the ambassadors have not discussed this beforehand.

And I am disappointed in Niantic for not taking advantage of the agents who have some familiarity with the region.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

Its embarrasing for Niantic , that they have to correct their mistake (=of picking a wrong anomaly site) with adding temporary portals 😂🙈

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

User: why dont more/varied places get events

NIA: fine, will place one somewhere different, with fewer than normal portals..

USERS: I'm complaining cause yr solution to few portals isn't good enough

Nia:........ /shrug

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Nah, this is a great idea, opens up way more cities to holding anomalies.

• TooLegitToExistTooLegitToExist ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

@Breenzy i disagree, you gotta factor in real life side of things like accom etc that can handle hundreds, the concerns bybthe europeans are legit - really dont think nia is doing their homework enough for a small village/town

However i could see a point, esp if in brisbane we could use victoria park/kelvin grove instead of sb/gardens but eh im not a fan of temp portals

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m with you on this. But I also agree that the lag and issues suffered with the Brighton anomaly (and others) implied below need dealing with

Once they can, it means that a lot of places could have Anomalies that couldn’t have done so before

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Put it in the store. Call it a Special Event package. Drop 100 temp portals on a small town that wants an anomaly, First Saturday, MD, etc. Good for one week.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I scan them all too? That’s a good amount of extra AP & Scout Controller there.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Make the 100 Temp portals have unique IDs on them each time you purchase them, and then you can buy your way to Explorer and Pioneer badgers. 😉 I mean, that's what we are doing to the rest of the game with having gear in the stores. I'm still waiting for the option to purchase keys...

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Calm down. Don't give what's left of the ingress team any more ideas like that.