Late portal decay time

Comments

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if it has anything to do with the large amounts of gear all over the place and wiping out Machina portals? Also to note, street sweeper has frequently not been running at the correct times either. Likely again, due to the amount of junk on the ground from Machina portals that have been destroyed.

• I have observed the same in portals around Spain, some of them with a delay of more than 40 hours, some of them with double decay after 30 hours... At this moment, there are at least 5 portals reaching the third day without being recharged. Don't want to see if the delay continues and it's more than 7 days 🤨 @NianticBlue

• DrHydrosaurDrHydrosaur ✭✭✭✭

@NianticBlue this is one of a number of portals in the local area that is decaying at the wrong times.

It was captured a few weeks ago at about 18:57 MST. It last decayed sometime between midnight at 07:00 in the morning. For the previous few days it had been decaying around 20:00 to 21:00

• It seems that since February 4th, when the error first appeared, the problem has been gradually getting worse. More and more of the portals are getting stuck and don't decay for a long time, and this time is also getting longer. Currently, around here every fourth portals is more than a full day late.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

Captured 2 portals next to each other at the same time, the one with the field didnt decay and the one without, did decay.

I can confirm on the double decay. Going to have to pay more attention to certain portals.

• I have also noticed Reds have been growing more aggressively - and watched a L8 at 5% for days without throwing new link. Given then red has 3+ millions portals, I’m thinking the decay time are being affected by the sheer amount of portals that the decay jobs have to go through.

edited February 2023

@pokecatcher7

At some point a few weeks back the Machina portals stopped decaying once they got to 5% (that is, they will no longer decay to zero).

May or may not be related to the other portal decay irregularities.

I’m still not convinced this is all a bug.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

Ok now 3 days no decay. Reso's still standing on 10%

I have multiple high level red portals in a closed location (doesn't open til sometime in March) near to where I play. There were three 8s each at 5%. I was able to splash damage one of those portals about a week ago. It hasn't decayed any (still 5%). Still with four L8 resonators. Luckily it hasn't respawned it's missing resonators. But thankfully, its no longer derping red scuds everywhere.

• I am observing a number of large layered fields decaying in irregular patterns. If anyone needs more data, I can provide several portal links.

• Please put observations about red portals in an appropriate thread. The current portal decay lag (from 10 minutes to more than 12 hours in rare cases) is making life difficult for agents. I have several groups of portals (2, 3, up to 8) which were all captured together and now decay at completely random times. Recharging has gone from a simple task (knowing which portals will decay, when) to a painful exercise of endlessly scrolling the carousel to find a portal to recharge.

There are now 4 local portals that I’m tracking that have not decayed in almost 48 hours.

And when I said above that I have doubts that this is a bug, I meant part of me suspects that this was a deliberate decision by Niantic to F with the portal decay.

Bwahaha. Local portal has 2 resos that decayed, but rest didn't at the normal decay time. Something is funked up.

@NianticBlue

this portal:

Last decayed at about 16:50 MST, Sunday Feb 19.

It is now 20:40 MST, Tuesday Feb 21. Almost 28 hours late and counting.

1 reso at 100% and other 7 at 10% each. It’s impossible that anyone could recharge it without disrupting that distribution.

• edited February 2023

This portal has been without decay for almost 4 days… 🤦🏻

• This needs to be fixed, not “investigated” - with a dwindling player base a few remaining players depend on decay just to play. Decay that’s tardy for days is a problem, not an enhancement

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Just had a portal multi decay in one tick after delay, this is pretty serious. Someone noted a triple decay on one also

• MontyBishopMontyBishop ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@NianticBlue

This portal last decay was 5 days plus a few hours ago by now and was not recharged during this time:

https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=47.426085,19.181701

Since the investigation has been going on for a week, would you, please, share at least the information, if this strange behaviour in the portal network is really a bug or the result of something intentional? We would appreciate it very much and be more patient, i guess.

• @NianticBlue and co

the issue seems to be exponentially increasing with time. As the issue first reported the decay was only a matter of minutes late. Now for example this portal:

this has only decayed ONCE since being captured approximately 8 days ago from my comment. Other portals in the area range from decaying a couple of hours late to 3 days. Please issue an update ASAP as the longer this goes on the less that agents can play who rely on decay as a main function to their gameplay.

Not one single portal has decayed on time, so it’s pointless to portal link all 200 or so i use regularly.

• I build 2 fan fields at 12. february, so it should decayed since 19. But today always 3 links left, in an area nobody recharge.

Bug or feature? If a feature, time to say good bye. In combination with this red ****, the game makes no more fun, more and more players left the game in my area.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

Decay seem to happen at sometime at european night? When i go to sleep my field stands, when i wake up they are gone (no attack notifications) i checked my fields on 2 locations , home and at work) both decayed at european night

• The situation is becoming untenable. This silence from Niantic is shameful! He is leaving the game and players

• mungwanamungwana ✭✭
    edited February 2023

This is getting silly. Yesterday I captured 12 portals. Today, 3 decayed an hour late, the rest have not decayed 8 hours after the expected time. As for the rest of my portals, I have no idea...

Seems like there are some portals which (from the beginning of the disturbance) have regularly decayed about 1 hour late. The rest may decay up to 36 hours late, or (according to reports in this thread) much longer.

Post edited by mungwana on
  • Vi rendete conto di quanto sia dannoso questo problema per gli FS online? I portali non si scaricano!!! Quando pensate di risolvere un problema così grave???

Interesting.

I captured portals on Saturday morning. Sunday evening I'm recharging stuff, and I see I still have keys for them, so I looked at them, a few had the expected one day of decay on them. A few of the portals had 2 days of decay, in less than 48 hours.

So Niantic. Is your stuff just funked up, or is that Witch Devra back?

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

We've seen up to 4 days of decay all occur at once on a portal where it was delayed

• Wow, it will be interesting when we reach 7 days of decay at once.

Instant neutralize by decay 😧