Kinetic Capsule drought

So after much fanfare from the powers that be about the removal of Quantum Capsules and that the way forward is kinetic capsules, it goes from feast to famine regarding Kinetic Capsules.

Once they would be hacked on a fairly regular basis and it has now been more than a week and nothing!

I am curious as to whether others are experiencing the same?

Tagged:

Comments

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm recycling them because I keep getting them. It's too much.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes sense lower drop rate now that niantic are selling them in store

• Doing 100+ glyph hacks a day hasn't brought me 1 single kinetic in 4 days, whereas I used to get 1-3 each day.🙁🙁🙁

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

I finished 34 this week so I'm not sure that's it. I just for whatever reason keep hacking them. Maybe my drought will be soon, but for now I can't use as many as I'm getting.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think I've gotten any new ones since the new recipes were announced. Played a bunch over this past weekend, lots of hacking / glyphing going on. My total kcaps inventory keeps dropping. It used to remain mostly the same +/- a few. It's actively dropping currently. Granted I still have 70+ due to the qcap swapout. But yeah, its like a drought. If they are going to be more rare than every other item, I won't be buying them from the store, that's for sure.

• I can't comment on Saturday when I was out Bannering and not paying attention but since Sunday I've done approx 300 glyph hacks and not gained a single one and like unablesmurf I used to get a some each day.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I've hacked a few already since the conversion.

• unablesmurfunablesmurf ✭✭
    edited February 2023

Hmmm, some agents have problems with kinetics, others not at all. Could this be an upgrade issue?

I upgraded at least once in the last week. How about you guys?

My version is 2.109.3

Post edited by unablesmurf on
  • starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I think RNG is just lumpy. Last month I went a couple of weeks without hacking one, then eventually they returned. Since QCs were converted into RC+KC my stock of KC has been very slowly declining, but I did hack one in my last drone hack last night.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

I have had a period where I was pulling way too many k-caps and can't use them fast enough.

• DrHydrosaurDrHydrosaur ✭✭✭✭

KCs have always been uneven for me. Hack 6 in one day and then almost none for a week (without significantly changing my hacking patterns).

Although right now it’s hard for me to tell as I am still working my way through the 80 KCs I got when QCs were removed.

They are a relatively rare item so you should expect a fair amount of unevenness because our intuitive human expectations of randomness are lousy. Unless you are carefully tracking your hack output and comparing the results with a Poisson distribution, it’s almost impossible to reliably conclude anything.

• 515 hacks without a single Kinetic this week for me. That makes this item rarer than vr hackmods.

• I was hacking a minimum of 1 KC per day when they QC were taken away. Most days I was getting 2-4 per day. I have not hacked one in 5 days now and the amount of hacks per day has remained fairly consistent.

• I do an average of 1.6k hacks in a week and I haven't seen a rare Kinetic Cap in about 2 weeks now....maybe even more longer. The only consolation I have is that I have 2 green Kinetic Caps but I wonder if that is contributing to no purples dropping at all.

• I observe a droprate of about 1/2000 glyph hacks

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

seems correct what people report on their weekly hacks so far

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen a kcap in weeks. At least I still have a stockpile from the qcap conversion. But...when I run out...I'm not gonna be buying any. A local agent ran outta kcaps yesterday. He is from teh old school Ingress days when good old @ace mentioned the whole not making the game pay to win with selling gear and whatnot (and that fabled API..). So he won't be buying kcaps. But he is now considering quitting Ingress (again). Last time he quit, he was gone for 5 years. The game has gotten worse since then. He doesn't think we should have to purchase gear that you can hack.

I wonder how many other agents who came back to the store option for buying gear, on their feelings about it. If it kept them here, or if they left again?

• wiredforsoundwiredforsound ✭✭
    edited March 2023

No Rare K-Caps hacked for 3 weeks and 7500 hacks, I filed a bug with NIA, no response.

I also have had 2 Common K-Caps for several months now, so I also wonder if this is the actual bug.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

that's probably even lower.

~4k hacks / ~31k glyph pt since the change of drop rate and still got 0 rKC.

or am i really unlucky 😅

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

So by the time one will hack one u will forget how long its been lol... seem counter productive superlow droprate in hopes to gain sales in store

• jizzajizza ✭✭

can @NianticBrian or anybody confirm that these capsules are unhackable? If you want them just to be a buyable item just let us know.

• They are not unhackable, but very rare. Since the 20th of February, I've gotten 2. That's after 2.5k hacks, 16k glyph points.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

you are really lucky

none after 4k+ hack 30k+ glyph pt 😥

• QuachilQuachil ✭✭
    edited March 2023

No, I didn't include the CORE items in that statistics. And neither level-up items.

• Finally hacked one after 25 days…and 9000 tap hacks.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

odds are what now 1 kinetic every 2000 hacks? ☹️

• No, not really. But I'm sure they were not part of any loadout.