Attack email report won't send to new account after changed

Hi, everyone. I want to report a bug in the email notification about when the portals are under attack. I have linked to Apple ID and NEW Google account as login methods. But my OLD Google account only receives the attack email. The new one only receives the promotion email. My device is iPhone 12 Pro Max runs on iOS 16.2. The version of Ingress Prime is 2.109.2.

Besides, I found some relevant posts in this forum.

As you want, I have tried some steps below.

• 1. Uninstall and install the game.
  • 2. Disable the Email option - Sign out - Sign in. Enable and Sign out - Sign in
  • 3. Contact Niantic support in Help Center

Terrence: 27 Dec 2022

Hello again,

Thanks for providing us with the necessary details for investigation. We've escalated your request to our team for further investigation and will send you an update shortly. We thank you for your patience in advance and regret any inconvenience caused.

Then I try to contact support again.

4 Jan 2023

Bruno:

Hello Agent,

Thank you for contacting Ingress Support.

I understand your concern about the bug. Please be informed that we don't have a timeline for a fix or any other updates at this time. If any additional information is required, we will contact you.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this valuable information and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for writing to us,

As we do not have a timeline for a fix or any other updates at this time, we request you to stay tuned for the updates. If any additional information is required, we will contact you.

Very much appreciate your patience and understanding on this.

Portal link:

Time: 21:25 9 Feb 2023 (UTC+8)

I'd appreciate it if you could provide some suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

Tagged:
6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• daawgdaawg ✭✭✭

I suspect the following is a part of the same issue (not acknowledged by NIA so far), https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/20820/apple-id-issue-no-portal-nomination-e-mails-will-be-sent

In a nutshell, e-mail seems to be broken when logging into Ingress with Apple ID.

• EnlightenedMWEnlightenedMW ✭✭
    edited February 2023

Thanks for your reply. And I didn't receive any nomination emails despite of I submitted them. No matter whether it is approved or rejected.

Previously, their promotion emails won't send to Apple privacy relay email. Now they made it. I assume that NIA changed its email logic by sending promotion emails with the current login method no matter what account you have linked to. And they made another bug if you use Apple ID to log in to Ingress. You only receive their emails with your Apple privacy relay email.

NIA might ignore a scenario in that people have iPhone and Android simultaneously. But his/her email address linked to Apple ID and Gmail is not the same.

• Yes, I've had this problem since we were given the option to change our email address, in 2018 I believe? Been a while... And it's still not resolved.

I'm currently using a filter to forward the mail to my new email address, but it's kinda annoying. I don't use my old email address anymore, but I can't close my old account yet if I still want to receive email reports.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

There is an officially supported way to change email?? Awsome, please advise how?

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

For your Ingress account? You can follow the steps below, but as indicated by this bug report, there are a ton of bugs that can pop up when you do this, such as emails being sent to the wrong account, loss of access to Intel/Wayfarer/Mission creator and so on. Only do it if you have no other choice (like if the old email will get deactivated).

1. Link two sign-in methods to Ingress via the settings (Google/Facebook/Apple)
    2. Log out of Ingress and log back in again with the account you don't want to change (e.g. if you want to change the Google account, log in with Facebook or Apple)
    3. Go to the settings and unlink the account you want to change
    4. Without closing Ingress or the settings, link your new account. If you close Ingress, it'll relink the account due to a bug
    5. Voila, your account (and Email) was changed. You can now log out and log in using your newly linked sign-in method
  • ContmotoreContmotore ✭✭
    edited April 2023

Doesn't work. Tried this before.

Edit:

Nvm, this was a reply for chancing the email address. I'm not sure how I did it back then, but changing the sign-in method doesn't fix the bug for me.