What's your favorite playstyle or subgame in Ingress?

2»

Comments

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

@WeyrleaderI miss that greatly. I started in an area that has a strong community and we worked together and had a blast. I now live in an area that is full of lone wolves. I have tried to get a community going but I haven't had great success.

• I love it all. I need to go to ingress anonymous.

• WeyrleaderWeyrleader ✭✭✭

@Glenuendo totally understand where you are coming from, and you raise a good point. I think that's another interesting and challenging aspect of Ingress. Some players prefer the more solitary aspects of the game and are either uncomfortable with or plain just not interested in the team side of things, which introduces a chaotic and at times very frustrating element that we need to account for. I think we learn the most from those interactions, and in some ways we can grow from that and it makes us better people. Unfortunately in some it can have the opposite affect, but from what I've seen that's a small percentage.

• Replacing bad pictures with good ones, correcting portal locations, submitting quality portals, removing awful portals.

Attacking an enemy portal until it is down to as close to 1 energy on a single resonator as possible.

I also like fielding, especially when it's large enough in scale to involve multiple teammates, but I consider that the game, not a subgame.

• TrinityPrincessTrinityPrincess ✭✭✭✭

I love community building and exploring! Missions are simply a tool that help me focus on satisfying my wanderlust cravings!

• HuckleGreenieHuckleGreenie ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I play ingress as i walk with my dog. And since i have no car and live in a Town dominated by the other faction i have come up with my own strategy. I like glyphacking and Collecting keys for all those portals you can only reach by walking. that give me the opportunity to hold an anchor long enough to throw a lot of links to that as i walk by portals and then fielding as i go.

when i get to other places i collect as many keys i can to a random portal in the middle of nowhere. keep recharcing the portal and having quantom capsules to make more keys. and then when the opportunity is There i field as Much as i can Before the other faction starts their cars. and when they do, i problaly have keys for an other anchor in a different place to start all over :-D

• docwho2100docwho2100 ✭✭✭

I too like the community and exploring aspects. I also like events, missions, etc. Tied to stories/lore.

• GuschtelGuschtel ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I love getting spoofers banned <3

• I like this guy. Sorry ****, I didn't press the "like button", but you're playing a good game.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy trying all aspects of the game.

Banners are my favourite when it comes to travelling abroad. Filling up portal pictures is also nice and lovely if you like to make others see the mbeauty of places.

When it comes to the fight part, I'm one of those "lemonade" lovers :D

Getting to know people and places that I wouldn't even think about in any other situation makes this game one of the greatests!

• BonzorkBonzork ✭✭✭

Portal submission is actually my favorite game...it's to support my love of solo fielding (not micro-fielding), but I just love wandering around in the woods and hoping to see something cool to submit.

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

Next to investigating the Ingress lore (yes there is a story behind the game), I love blowing thing up.

• decoding, but looks like this direction is dead now 😥

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Exploring new areas for portals! It's like being able to share my discoveries to everyone.

• For me, the greatest joy is blowing up all the green things, and farming. About 45 weeks out of the year I don't even show up on my cell's leaderboard.

• Qu4rdQu4rd ✭✭✭

I used to love fielding so much, but time is what I currently don't have. Nowadays, I just blast anywhere along the way. My area is pretty much heavily covered by a res local community now, so I just make do with whatever I have at the time or to my convenience.

• mspiratemspirate ✭✭✭

I like discovering and knowing about places that I’d normally drive past if I wasn’t involved in the game; discovering shortcuts in my area of play; glyph hacking and watching my Translator points; the stories about what got others playing and how it’s added value to their lives; looking at missions done by other players, since that tells just as much of a story; explaining how something in the game works to another player and watching the “AHA!” moment unfold; discovering new restaurants, cities, and (soon) other countries; randomly taking down fields; making plans with teammates; and meeting teammates, something that took a while for me to get up the nerve to do in the first place.

Also, reading here about how others approach the gameplay.

• MXXWMXXW ✭✭✭

Remote portals. I love that ingress is the perfect excuse to add in a 10 mile hike before the sun is properly up or paddling to an island you've meant to visit for ages.

I also play the MU game and love me some nicely layered fields, but the remote portals are what keeps me in the game.

• Anomalies bike teams operating but I always played for MU's. I'm really proud of my Omaha owls team. We did a lot of cool multi-state ops help bring in a few global shards which global shards can be such a b**** double triple inoculating after driving multiple hours 10 on 10 portal battles. Hosting key parties. The best part was being part of a team, the teamwork meeting so many incredible people from all over the world. Operating and working with hundreds of agents for huge ops. Dominating our cell scoreboard cycle after cycle after cyclone after cycle. Lol putting up huge MU's and making it stick for check. Taken out blue fields that actually were holding quite a bit watching the Smurfs cry.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

fielding (big and small) without pay2win (aka VRBB) , working on my badges (except the one's i dont like to do , like recon, scan badges,...) OPs .

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Depends.

Inventory dictates everything. If inventory calls for smash, then smash it is. If inventory says there are excess mods in inventory, farm.

My preferred play space is uniques, bumps, farm. Zen Ingress. Sword and Board- smash - ingress isn't first choice.

• IWWC

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

It used to be fielding, back when fields were control fields.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

3 connecting links seems to be the definition of a field

• Three links do make a field. It's the control part that no longer exists.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Formerly, fielding and completing mission banners, but doing couchgressing lately to save fuel and avoid toxicity out there.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Depends.

Inventory dictates everything. If inventory calls for smash, then smash it is. If inventory says there are excess mods in inventory, farm.

My preferred play space is uniques, bumps, farm. Zen Ingress. Sword and Board- smash - ingress isn't first choice.