Ingress TOS - Playing as the opposite faction in order to assist the other team..

I am trying to find if/where the community guidelines or terms of service address agents creating accounts of the faction opposite of the faction of those who recruited them for the express purpose of aiding their recruiters with clearing links blocking the opposing faction and throwing links to block.

We have a group of Enlightened agents who’s daughter created a blue account so she could help her parents clear green links and block Resistance agents with blue links they would need to Jarvis to remove.

They are also win-trading to level up the new blue account and again, I’m not seeing anything that expressly prohibits this type of activity in the Niantic TOS.

Where would I find guidelines where this type of play is discussed?

#keepingressfun

Tagged:

Comments

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of gray area with this and usually frowned upon but nothing you can get banned for. People have been playing like this for a while. Certainly isn't in the spirit of the game but next to impossible to get banned. You can't control how people play but you can have community standards. Some places accept them some don't.

• The specific statements were removed because people kept calling IFS "win trading", but the activity outside of intentional cross faction events is still covered by "Don't cheat".

• Certainly seems like it’s not in the spirit of the game. We have also seen the daughter’s account played by her dad without her presence. Caught him red-handed playing both accounts. Twice. And while that’s clearly against TOS, Niantic seems to have a hard time confirming multi-accounting if you use two phones.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup I've caught so many people playing multiple accounts and there's nothing you can do. Can't get banned for it. Some people play accounts on both sides and others play with two accounts or more on the same side. The cheating is rampant and blatant. Either you have to accept it and play your game your way or you have to walk away from the game. Because the cheating has always been here and always will be in the future.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@VenomousToad , accepted long ago that playing multiple accounts from different factions exists, making us more cautious in dealing with other agents. One just never knows what kind of agent and/or community one has to deal with. It's better to leave some distance than be caught in their drama.