Proposal: Retro Capsules

HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

New kinetic cap suggestion: Three kinetic caps plus tax = one Retro Capsule.

A Retro Cap duplicates any items that are placed in it except keys. Interest is accumulated once per day on the player's first hack of the day. A Retro Cap is active for two weeks, after which it becomes a regular capsule. A Retro Cap cannot be dropped.

The interest rate is determined by a proprietary formula that factors in multiple metrics, including the player's AP gain, distance walked, XM collected, comm visible actions taken, and the mix of different actions taken by the account. The lookback window for calculating the interest rate should be chosen randomly each day with a lookback period ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Items should duplicate according to their rarity.

Why? This provides the functionality that people most valued about quantums but eliminates most of the downsides. It would require continuous and varied activity by the player in order to duplicate items, would require players to constantly acquire new duplicating capsules rather than just having a large stack of them that they acquired (or had dropped to them) over time, and would eliminate the background processing of calculating interest. The randomness of duplications plus the randomness of the interest rate changing would make it harder to reverse-engineer and game the system.

Tagged:

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

A retro capsule would be the basic capsules lol

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Just hack for gear. It's pretty simple.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you were reading the same post I was.

If they cost 3KC and only last 2 weeks, no one is going to be stockpiling them (but if stockpiling is perceived to be a potential issue then you can always put a limit on the number that can be owned at any given time). Furthermore, tying duplication to the first hack of the day is meant to avoid this calculation going on in the background, which the OP supposes is part of what caused the interest calculations to bog down the servers.

That having been said, I personally wouldn't be at all interested in this if it became available. It seems like quite a high cost for a fairly marginal benefit.

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭

I disagree with you.

Then it would be preferable to add the Burster and Ultra Strike recipes in the Kinetic program.