Broken formula for generating red portals or I live in an anomaly location.

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=49.5553,25.59648&z=12

Meet, this is the city of Ternopil, in which there are no red portals for 5 days. Previously, we had a small cluster of red portals in one of the local parks.

It barely survived a few days (and then only due to frost). Then it was destroyed. Then we had one red portal in the industrial area,which did not produce new portals for two days, and that was it. We no longer have red portals, for 5 days now, maybe more.

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=49.446191,24.938625&z=13

And this, Berezhany. A small town, which is several times smaller than ours. It almost doesn't work here. Look at this luxurious cluster.

Why do portals appear with excessive regularity in some cities, while in other cities (despite the activity of agents) they are almost never found?

Tagged:

Comments

• Please define what you *think* the formula is. Because RNG is RNG.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

By the word formula, I meant the algorithm that places red portals on the map. It doesn’t even smell like a random number generator here, there is a complex algorithm for placing portals.

• We had the same problem where live, not a single red portal for a very long time! And the poor thing that appeard died after a few days out of maybe despair?

But than it came back! And with the right conditions it has even spawned babies! We have named him pluto!

Also we now have Clarabella, living across town, but she has a harder life since there are more activity there.

Pluto on the other hand suffered some damage when one of our teammatea played with him a but to rough and was unfortunatly killed a few days later by the other faction. But hes puppies still lives on!

start playing in an area with low activity, and after a while abonden it. Machina will likely spawn.. dont **** the main portal, only play gentle, and let it spawn. **** of some spawns and trim your machina gently. Machina needs attention but is pretty fragile so be very gentle!

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

RNG is bullpoo... It's the same areas getting hammered with the red stuffs. Then it's slowly branching out to other areas. But those initial areas that got red? They get red as soon as 1 day after being cleared again.

I cleared a town on Sunday of red. 63 red portals. I cleared it the prior week of red. I cleared it the week before that. Do the math. Park behind the office? Full of red on the first time. As soon as its wiped out, a day later, it's red again. Another park near here, red was removed on Friday. It got red in it on Sunday again. Another park near here, had a few last week, grown to 50+ as of this morning. I've cleared it a few times since Machina showed up. Same cemeteries in North County is full of red. It's been cleared a few times. Pops right back up there again.

Doesn't help that the Ingress Client itself tends to stop working correctly after picking up hundreds of items off the ground. (bug)

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Give it some color other than white. Then it goes away for a week. Possibly more if you capture and charge. Force red to go elsewhere.

• Aside from "40 portals in an S2 cell", it's very random as far as people can determine. The viability for red to appear is dependent on density alone, and beyond that, randomness.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

No, look. You did not understand. Let's say there are several conditional settlements.

In a small town number 1, 1 agent and a bunch of red portals from which there is no end.

In the second city, which is 5-6 times larger than the previous one, a red portal occasionally appears. It will stand and quietly disappear or become a small modest cluster. for 5-6 portals. Agents are also actively playing here, but there are few red portals, they are a very big curiosity.

An uneven distribution of portals across settlements is visible on the face. If I destroy my red cluster in my city, then I will receive the next red portal somewhere in 4-7 days. In my city, red portals grow extremely poorly. Consistently bad. But in some other cities they grow too well.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep letting ours grow, taking out limbs here and there.

There is one a little outside of town we've left alone and it's downright insane. Machina going crazy with the microfielding. Probably fifty links, maybe more. I'm gonna drive over today or tomorrow and take some of it out. It's a beautiful thing, lol

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Then there will be a "gardener" medal, which will be awarded for growing large clusters.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Well i have still yet to see a red portal ,guess not inactive where i live so if never changed i will proabably not see red unless niantic do red event that infect even blue or green portals

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Six Flags over Mid-America (Eureka, MO)

Currently Closed for the Season.

Only 2 of the portals are grey currently.

Intel Link to the area

https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=38.51258,-90.674957

• "The pattern makes no logical sense"

... Almost as if it were random.

• There’s RNG and PRNG.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=49.557342,25.612403&z=12 Two weeks without red portals, I told you that I have an anomalous zone due to a broken or imperfect algorithm for generating red portals from Niantic. All clusters that have appeared in my city since the advent of the car, and there were no more than 3 of them, developed extremely reluctantly. For example, after the appearance of one portal, links that led to other portals appeared only after 2-4 days.

However, I see red portals taking over in other cities, and people can't deal with them due to their rapid growth. Our cluster, which was formed for a week, I was able to destroy in 2 hours. It had only 5 portals.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

new red portals only appears on new cycle.

so it just didn't showed once ?

don't destroy them on sight if you want to have some. otherwise you have to wait several cycle (not cp) for new ones

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

There must be something that influences spawn rate. I come here and read about uncontrollable infections spreading across areas. Then I look at the two spawns I have access to, I have to drive over 30 miles to them and I always leave 3 to 6 portals to regrow, but they sit there doing virtually nothing for weeks even with dozens of unclaimed portals surrounding them. It's kind of frustrating, some say they have infections they can't keep up with and I want to be able to deliberately start infections just so I can have some of the fun with them.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

those "uncontrollable" area are just empty area that spreads during month.

few reds when there are players around

• IcyBlueHeartIcyBlueHeart ✭✭✭✭

• DrHydrosaurDrHydrosaur ✭✭✭✭

Red portals grow essentially exponentially so when they first appear they don’t do much and if you wipe them out right away you have to wait for a spontaneous infection (and those don’t occur too often).

However, once they do take hold in a area with 10-20 portals they can expand very quickly, doubling every several days until everything is a red web of links.

If you want to regularly hunt Machina in your local area, you need to give them a foothold to build from.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. The only places where Red is an issue has a low agent traffic density in my box.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

this is not true, I have red portals appeared several times per cycle, with a difference of several days.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not true, here's the proof. A cluster that has not been developed for more than a month.

• DrHydrosaurDrHydrosaur ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

ok, maybe it doesn’t always grow exponentially until it fills everything, but it usually does. It certainly often does.

And I just noticed that location is well within Ukraine. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Niantic has different growth rules there.

• HawkBroHawkBro ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

it's false or lie exactly.

there're over 10 agents in my city, nevertheless machina conquered this city perfectly.

agents gave up defense against reds due to their overwhelemed spread speed.

I've been seeing your comments for about a month, you misleading with untrue claim.

I wonder your opinion about this intel map.

look at that, can you still say that machina is okay and controllable?

• I hope Niantic is being proud of this "opponent" and how it ruined the game. I also hope, that they finally will see what the've done to this amazing game.

And, also finally respond @NianticBrian . Do you have to be silent for some NDA reasons?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

If it looked like that where he lives all red im sure he would have a different opinion....