Retiring Quantum Capsule [Discussion]

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be 6am in New Zealand tomorrow morning, when we say farewell to another beloved and faithful feature.

Like all the other things that have been removed, Ingress is still by far the best game I've played.

I have tried the new NBA game, that isn't for me, so am really waiting for the task system feature to be implemented in a few weeks

• FeThornFeThorn ✭✭✭

I'm talking about literally all portals being hard to access due to having limited ability to get around. Hard to play much regardless of how good your strategy is when there's nothing you can do for a large amount of the day.

Stop claiming that people with limited transportation have to get the short end of the stick because reeeee farming got too easy!

• Again, plan better. You don't need to use inaccessible portals to play Ingress. Microfield the area. Don't use portals you can't easily access. Stop trying to make one massive field, and learn how to adapt and make multiple smaller ones stitched together.

You can even do it on foot!

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

Let Drones hack keys. Am I rite

• I agree. You don't need hard-to-reach portals to play Ingress. But for many of us, the hard-to-reach portals and massive fields, and the teamwork required to get them up (even if they are taken down hours later) are essential to what the game is all about. I have absolutely no interest in microfielding in a city. For others, that's what they enjoy about the game, but we just have different playstyles and interests.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Psst, there's also CORE people complaining about this. Stop making assumptions.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone is going to record a video of the event occurring.

1 hour to go

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll see if the lag really goes away.

• m8uttm8utt ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Lol yes dream on :)

• Literally if you look thoroughly through not just here in the forums, but the Telegram thread comments, and the post on Facebook regarding this.. you'll easily see that the majority HIGHLY DISAGREE with this stupid decision Niantic.. easily 70-75% DO NOT want Quantum Capsules to be retired, and you're absolutely idiotic for not listening to your player base...

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

They're gone now.

What I am waiting for is the supposed task system. Hoping that it is going alleviate a lot of the negative backlash surrounding the Quantum Capsules being deleted

• Regardless of what anyone says to defend your choices made by removing Quantum Capsules, the fact that you didn't care to ask the player base & have a vote shows that you don't actually care about those loyal & devoted agents throughout the years that have played your game, and have dumped numerous hours and × amount of money into the game. Highly inconsiderate of actually caring about your most devoted players, versus just favoring noobs that are probably just gonna quit eventually.

Yet again Niantic... making stupid changes to the game, and thinking they are "advancements" when it's just really downgrades. Get a grip Niantic and stop making those who have been around forever & play more than the noobs, end up hating the game you're turning this into.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

hehe 🤪⚡

• What I would like to know is why the player base didn't strongly gather & express their distaste & outrage with Niantic's decision for this... or why they didn't take a vote on anything.. or give us a chance to express our opinions on it, and then account for how many actually don't want this change versus the few who do..

• Surprise surprise. The qcaps have been replaced with kinetic capsules but every key contained in them has been lost. So much for Niantic's "you dont need to do anything" regarding the qcap contents.

• fxcfxc ✭✭✭

since the qcaps were removed because of the backpacks, I think it would have been better to remove the backpacks. The problem remains the same, the backpack accounts are all still active and will certainly not be canceled due to the lack of capsules. Niantic continues to ignore the real problems, needs more efficient support, should try to block gps spoofing users, implement a new anti-cheat system and ban multi accounts.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Players tried that when they did the NFT nonsense and they pressed on anyways.

We aren’t the Pokémon GO lot who can write a whinging letter from a load of influencers and get things changed.

All that said, I’m not overly bothered to see the Quantums go.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Love Niantic remove Quantum now! 👍🏻❤️

We dont need it we have Kinetic capsule.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Say that when critical keys time the next op you wanna run is four hours plus from your couch.

• So how much is one of those motion things, so I can chea......er, intelligently game the system for my kcaps? Since I'm currently crippled.

• Literally never said they weren't, no assumption made.

The community as a whole is unwilling to go multiple releases of the game without a visible feature though, core or no.

The game existed (and was more popular) before sponsored items. Megafields were more popular before QCs started duping keys. The difference is people went for difficulty and land area covered, instead of trying to work out how to put 100 layers up over the same patch of dirt.

Without QCs the plans will change. They won't go away.

• This is the most inane idea that the fools at Niantic have come up yet. All Niantic does is come up with ways to **** the players. Anything good for the players has to be changed to hurt the players. This game has become so stupid that it’s almost unplayable anymore. Obviously Niantic couldn’t care less about it’s players and that is the main reason I’ll never play any other Niantic game.