NIANTIC: Quantum Transition SUMMARY

2»

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it won't.

Before Epiphany Dawn, over 50% of my game has been mercilessly deleted, watching the past 4 years of what could, be remove, piece by piece.

Yet I am still here, and still throwing my money at the Ingress devs, because there isn't any other strategy games around.

I don't enjoy it half as much as I did, but still enjoy what is left.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

So, you are content to play this game like a lost elf in the fading Rivendell in LOTR

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but more like a dwarf in the empty mines of Moria

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@Grogyan , remind us to visit the mines of Moria and perhaps Hobbiton in the future.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Hobbiton village is a popular place to visit in Matamata New Zealand

There are still delightful jewels in Ingress

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard Hobbiton village is a nice place to visit. We'll see if Ingress survives, or it's time to jump ship going to Valinor like Elrond...

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

If, by some miracle kinetic cap key dupe programs are released, agents would then have to continually buy kinetic caps to do the same job that muffys have done for years.

I see this plan blowing up in niantic's face.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@joecain considering that Ingress players brought up said suggestion to assist the Ingress team with cash flow with buying KCs, I do not see a problem.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll see the problem when there's another mass exodus of pissed off agents (probably the most since prime) who won't give niantic another dime.

Maybe some of you can buy double core subs to make up for it?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hilarious to state this while continuing to post here.

• KC's should never have been free from the get go. People should not have thought of them as an integral part of gear management because they're supposed to be a nice bonus for effort. Not a standard farming technique, just like QCs aren't supposed to be.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of putting items behind a paywall. MUFGs/QCs have always been hackable. It makes sense to have KCs hackable.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was supposed to be announced at the same time of Machina portals.

• I'm a fan of paying for unnecessary but 'nice to have' items, when it comes to paying a company for a product. When it comes to KCs, the whales get something to spend money on, without being overpowered.

The idea that Ingress should be completely free while people complain about lack of development and support, is one of the biggest jokes in the community these days. It's not a Google product any more.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Well, not surprised that the basic principles of Ingress go out of the window when money is concerned. Niantic utilized the old-fashioned bait-and-hook scheme by allowing agents to hack KCs, and Niantic changes the mechanics of obtaining the said item when agents depend on them. Sounds like physical dependence or substance use disorder cycle.

• Niantic changes the mechanics of obtaining the said item

Point to the place where Niantic said they're removing KC's from the hack table?

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

they will just add rKC to the store in addition to the already hack table not instead.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Niantic dont want passive rewards which quantums do, fill em and let time do the rest, it doesnt fit niantics "its time to move" and new players that start needs to understand this game is all about playing outside not sit home and brew stuff in quantums times have changed now its all about kinetics and move to get rewards i feel this will be a good compromise and at the same time they will earn some extra money selling them in store which should have been so from the beginning.

• FeThornFeThorn ✭✭✭

Being able to farm gear regardless of portal status is not a "nice to have" thing. It's absolutely integral.

Some people don't have enough friendly agents around to make high level farms, or are stuck in an area constantly overrun by enemy agents...or both. Some barely have any portals to interact with. And some just don't have the time to go where the most ideal farms are. All those players end up hopelessly behind without quantums, KC's that aren't pay 2 win, secure drone farms, etc...

"Nice to have" would be something more like very rare KC's that cut the required walking distance in half and/or have considerably more than just 3 uses. "Nice to have" would be more powerful drones that can fly longer distances between portals.

KC's in general are too important to lock behind a paywall. Especially now that niantic is nuking quantums, which is itself a very poor decision.

• Being able to farm gear regardless of portal status is not a "nice to have" thing. It's absolutely integral.

No, it's literally a "nice to have" and you still have it. It's called a Drone. If it were "integral" we wouldn't have had 3 years of the game before Quantum Capsules existed.

The game will survive, because it was more successful as a game before QCs were added. Removing the QCs is taking the game to a format that was more popular.

The level of "I can't conceive of a world where this works" in describing a world where this worked, is getting absurd.

Quantum Capsules were added as a "Bank sponsored item generates interest" gimmick that was not well thought out and turned out to have a significant negative aspect. Specifically the aspect you're claiming is integral. Being able to farm gear without teamwork or effort.

The game will not collapse without QCs, and you will adapt to it. If you can't, there are plenty of other options with better time constraints.

• FeThornFeThorn ✭✭✭

That isn't a downside when there's increasingly fewer players to team up with.

Have you no concept of making gameplay reasonably accessible to all players? Sure seems like you don't.

• Have you no understanding that adversity drives creativity? Before we could ignore other players because of Quantums, we recruited...

Live existed before Quantums. Your "woe is me" nonsense is disconnected from history.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

It's time to see what happens; the situation is like a runaway train or a sinking Titanic since the recent change in QCs is a desperate move to generate revenue. PoGo does not seem to generate enough money to sustain the infrastructure supporting both games. Time to get the other ship ready for Valinor! Hello Kirby!

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

Removing the QCs is taking the game to a format that was more popular.

LLLOOOOOLLLLLLLLL best joke I have read today.

There's a difference between now and May 2015, and it's tens (hundreds?) of thousands of active agents.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Not all can afford Level 8 XMPs, etc. I guess that explains why I see more rampant dirty farming nowadays. This situation does explain Adversity driving Creativity. Well done!

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

If that is how they are behaving.

Considering how much before this, has been removed, and with those features I am still extremely bitter about, and thus my personal enjoyment has dropped by 60%.

I've been very angry over the last few years with seeing thousands of dev hours, just, thrown away.

Why am I still here if I am that bitter?

Simply that there is no other AR strategy game. And seeing really good features being added, taking way too long to get implemented.

Drone for example, Ingress was the last game to have a Pandemic gameplay mitigation feature by some months.

Speaks to the limitations the Ingress devs can do with cash flow they have.

When the same players that vouched to have KCs in the store, suddenly complain, smells of hypocrisy. As it will help them, and, maybe be able to afford hire more devs to speed up development of new features.

Players are very understandably upset about Quantums going away, myself, Perringaiden and others can roughly see the plans ahead.

The March Anomaly is not far ahead, and we KNOW that a task system is being implemented, it, IS a highly requested feature from players, and we must be patient.

IF that task system doesn't live up to players gameplay expectations. Please leave level headed feedback before leaving the game.

I don't want to see players leave Ingress.

Post edited by Grogyan on