The experience you don't want to live in Ingress, UNJUSTIFIED TEMPORARY BAN.

2»

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope those false mass reports wasnt the reason a legit innocent player was banned..... 😐️

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

This better be a tech problem.

Otherwise, something smells and "getting rid of a problem" player is going to become SOP.

• Didnt know a policereport did anything in niantics eyes. But maybe I should attache that to in next report 🤔 (a real one)

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does. It's a trap widely used by some private groups of abu.sive players, though faction irrelevant, mostly consisting of ENL accounts. Players almost would not be banned for "hara.ssment on the field" if without police reports so some players are intentionally making fake documents to crack down accounts of famous players.

If there were actually no "hara.ssment on the field", the player who got banned as mentioned in this post, together with his/her friends, should focus on this suspicious ban and ask (via a lawsuit?) Niantic to investigate.

OP mentioned:

According to Niantic for harassment on the field!!!

Just a few hours of break a strategic enlightened link, and we didn't meet with any agent.

It's possible that OP did not disclose the full story and the ban is related to some actions before that. But I would suppose that, more likely, OP encountered an intentional "harassment on the field" attack with fake police reports created by players who previously controlled the portals or some links in that area.

If OP really did not meet any agent there and thus there technically does not exist any "harassment on the field", and believe that he/she never hara.ssed others, I would recommend OP contacting Niantic Legal department via lawsuit, to counterclaim the malicious ban attack and make the real abu.sive player banned for providing fake materials.

Yes. However, anytime when "hara.ssment on the field" ban is involved, it's 100% not a tech problem.

• Buenos días todo mi apoyo a ReplicantDrake por esta injusta decisión, aparte de la nefasta gestión de niantic en defender un juego más limpio me preguntó qué valores éticos tiene en el juego él denunciante sabiendo de donde viene y jugando con el más de un año con oleadas de cuentas fly arropandole

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

I have second hand knowledge that a police report WILL get attention from Niantic.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

In before NianticVK closes the thread.

• Alfred42Alfred42 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Niantic support does not have a team preference. However, there is a secret **** cheating alliance that is spreading information and technique about:

sending fake "I am the owner of this building and I would like Niantic to remove the portal" letters to Wayfarer to remove valid portals

sending fake "Player XXX has hara,ssed me on the field with vio.lence involved" police reports to Niantic Support to ban innocent players

Spoofing and multi-accounting. Mass reporting is generally used to make Niantic Support think that some innocent players have offended many players

Influencing the community forum and some other channels. Saying "Niantic Support is always right" all the time and keeping reporting posts to administrators to close any topic relevant to the discussion of ban and relevant topics even if not violating community guidelines

Post edited by NianticVK on
  • Thanks for the lively discussion on this thread. Based on the content of the discussion, I will be closing it for future comments. I appreciate your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.