Sojourner medal

I would like to understand something, I can't manage to progress in my Sojourner medal because it regularly puts me back to zero... although I don't feel like I'm missing a day of hacking

I made a video capture of my start to the game this morning.. you can clearly see that I have at least a streak of 4 days and if I go to the statistics of the day it is notified that my streak is only one  day though...

or am I wrong???

Tagged:
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Your video is private, be sure to set it to either public or unlisted.

Still, the hackstreak and Sojourner work differently. For the Hacksteak, you need to hack a portal between 00:00 and 23:59 local time. Doing that will get you the pop-up saying you're on day X of your streak.

For Sojourner, you need to hack a portal at least once every 24 hours (plus a little leeway). If you hack a portal at 09:00, you should hack at 09:00 latest during the next day as well.

If you hack on day 1 at 00:00 and on day 2 at 23:59, you have a successful Hacksteak of 2, but as almost 48 hours passed between the two hacks, Sojourner doesn't count. Try to hack at least twice each day, once in the morning and once in the evening, to ensure that Sojourner will count up. You can also do these hacks via your drone.

• Thanks, @InvestigateXM!

@Adamcorsica If you still have concerns regarding this issue, please submit a ticket via in-app support. One of our agents will take a closer look.

• Hi,

I think i have a simmilar problem. I hack Portals everyday since 7 years. UsualIy 2 Times a Day. I don't remember that I missed a Day. But now i can See that it looks like my streak broke 9 Days ago. I always Got my Epoch count so i ghought its fine. Is there a Bug or something?

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

as InvestigateXM said you can keep epoch but lose sojourner

for example : hacked yesterday at 7am and today a 5pm => epoch stat +1 / sojourner stat => 0

• @InvestigateXM This does not make sense as I have seen proof of an agent not hacking for more than 24 hours and still keeping their sojourner.

So the proof I have seen is that an agent hacked a portal at 22:17 and getting their sojourner count to 19 (the same hack gave double output as it was the first hack of the day, also day 1 for Epoch). Then there as no hack on the day that was supposed to be the sojourner count day 20. The next day the agent did a first hack of the day at 08:03 and got double output and it showed day 1 for Epoch (so clearly a day had been missed inbetween.) And after the hack the sojourner went up by 2, making the current sojourner streak 21. So nearly 34 hours between two hacks but agent still kept their sojourner streak.

And getting +2 on their sojourner streak has happened more than once for this agent.

I am wondering why some agents get the leeway of so many hours and some agents are off by 5 minutes and lose their streak…

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why you hack once in the morning, and once in the evening. The 'slack' comes from the fact that sojourner counts from the first day hack time. If you hack the first 'sojourner day' at 08:00 in the morning, that is the time it will expire the last day.

I don't know if that makes sense, but that is the way it works, the streak starts at a certain time and you will have until that time everyday to hack. I've deliberately stopped my streak after getting wings on it and noticed this; I had to wait 31 hours since my last hack, because of this mechanic.

• The in-app support said to me that it is 24h from the last hack.

I asked them several times if the time of the hack that started the sojourner mattered, did not get an answer.

I also understood that the time that matters is the one that started the sojourner. But the support said that its 24 h from your last hack.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It wouldn't be the first time they're wrong. But like I said, just hack once in the morning and once in the evening. Since drone hacking counts, it's so easy to do...

I've stopped my streak on the wings and haven't missed a day since I stopped it deliberately; without really trying. Now I'll drop it at 1331 I guess, just because.

• CarsenForgueCarsenForgue ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Quick summary...

• Officially, as per Niantic's statements, the Sojourner hack streak is maintained by hacking no more than 24 hours after the last time you hacked.
    • Unofficially, it is 36 hours, on the second. I checked it myself, but this was 3 years ago.
    • Successful hacks count, no matter whether they are own faction, opposing faction, neutral or Machina portals. Missed hacks due to full inventory, connection problems, speed lock and similar, do not count. The jury is out on hacks that are successful but yields no items.
    • Drone hacks count, for Sojourner, but not for Daily Hack Streak.
    • Calendar date does not matter, Sojourner looks only at when you last hacked. So with the grace period, you can hack 23:00 on Monday night, then 01:00 on Wednesday night, and the streak will be maintained. The Daily Hack Streak will fail though.
    • The counter in the player profile cannot be relied on, as it will tick over every 24 hours, counting from the time of day (UTC) when you started the streak. That counter can show an ongoing Sojourner streak, even though you already failed it.