Choosen of Nemesis

As we prepare to enter into the battle against Nemesis, I wonder what exactly does it mean to be one of the Choosen of Nemesis? I find myself wondering if it is just an honorary title, or it will grant agents any special privileges/abilities?

For those who had completed the Enemy Mine mission, if you suddenly received a message asking if you would take arms against Hubris as a member of Nemesis factuon, while forsaking your ties to [the Enlightened / the Resistance], would you? If so, why?

Comments

• It depends. For me if it means enabling more back and forth on the battlefield yes. Otherwise no...

• RavenstonRavenston ✭✭✭

I would not. I chose Enlightened based on the idea that XM enhances intelligence and creativity and we want to use it to help humanity. This has not changed.

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭

Resistance agents believe the same thing but seem to have a "let's regulate/privatize/corporatize XM" view. At least that seems to be the onlything that separates the Resistance from the ENL these days beyond their individual views of specific exogenous civilizations.

Only thing we know about Nemesis is they are against the Niantic Magnus, so it's hard to know the nature of their goals.

• Yet another Exogenous entity arrives to interfere with humanity? Time will tell where the "hubris" lies....

• Perhaps they've all been the same Exo's all along.

• docwho2100docwho2100 ✭✭✭

Is there a place where someone archived the Nemesis Mission? Has there been any mission connected to Hubris?

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭

The Nemesis mission dis not have any special text associated with it. At least, as far as I remembered (I was going to take a screenshot of each portal but ended up not doing it).

It did, however result in the collection of this media:

• This opens the question to what the Hubris is and by extension the Ate and Arete as the are all part of the same equation. There is not enough information.

Agreed - is Nemesis and Hubris opposites of same coin, like the Shapers and NZeer, Ying and yang???? Order and Chaos? Light/Dark

• If Nemesis is a playable faction, I would join it. So many of those who don't feel part of Enlightened or Resistance, will probably join Nemesis.

But what are the goals of Nemesis - if they are responsible for the recent removal of Hank and the others.... what goals would you have to work towards if joining that faction?

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

Chaos. Too long has it just been Resistance vs Enlightened. Even now the teams are being encouraged to work together to eliminate the potential threat that is Nemesis and Myriad.

Nemesis are here to stir the metaphorical pot, to toss firecrackers at our feet and make us dance. That being the case... wouldn't mind being selected as a temporary or permanent Nemesis member. A little chaos to make everyone shake and then get more serious about the story, if there even is one.

• Yeah! @MadRelique this image is the thing.

I was trying to decode de image in the URL with the key, but not sure of what "Lr" means and not work fine anything, several combinations of numbers not work.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a clue how to use the link in that picture? The string next to the "key" icon does not work when typed into the image decoder

• @falcobird the key in the image, is not as It, in the web you must type something like: x.200.100

But the key is calculate this numbers, the "Lr" number.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭

@HAL2003 I figured it out. Realizing that the key is already formatted and just needs to be converted to numbers made it significantly easier

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is Janus?

the above links go to a new domain, with the site address containing the hex of Janus

Lr means Line Read?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Lr is a line in the pages' source code

• @Grogyan I think about It, but a with a quick search of Lr in the source not found anything, i also do a quick read of de the code, but nothing bring up for me.

Any other clue?

Thanks a lot

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭

Lr is an abbreviation of a word. Once you discover what that word is, the number for Lr should become more apparent.

• SundermeyerSundermeyer ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I have it.

Lr = Lawrencium = 103

Key: x.203.103

— It won’t let me post the image —

Codes are Fully Redeemed

qjh98susanna326om

vrt45bedlam543da

-Sundermeyer

• The Enlightened band the Resistance all have the same goal: do what's best for Humanity. The debate is what actually is best for Humanity. One thing Nemesis makes clear: the are here to destroy and punish. They are not out to help anyone. Also always remember, the enemy of your enemy is just that, your enemy's enemy. Nothing more nothing less. Nemisis is not your friend.

• DidacoDidaco ✭✭

So from the message from MadRelique I did went to the site and with the key from Sundermeyer I got to decode the image... but still I saw something strange, there are some black bar hiding the rest of the console which hide the following:

<path d="M182.6 68.2v63.6H17.3V68.2h165.3z"></path>

Can the "M182.6 68.2v63.6H17.3V68.2h165.3z" be used for something else? ;)

• SundermeyerSundermeyer ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Those are drawing path coordinates for SVG to draw a small vertical bar on the screen.

However, it is odd that they are so precise. The code I see for the specification doesn’t have decimals in it for something so simple There are easier ways to draw that shape.

GPS?

• DidacoDidaco ✭✭

"oos75aegisnova272yp" is on the left side besides the numeration but is also fully redeemed

• The members of this group have a little more meaning in their names which could show how they will present themselves in the future.

1. Myriad > Many / Countless
    2. Aurora > Light
    3. Umbra > Shadow / Darkness
    4. Avenir > Future
    5. Requiem > Memory / Past
    6. Didact > Teacher

I would guess that Didact is the leader of the group but then again there may not be a central "leader" as Nemesis in not an individual / group but rather a concept. Nemesis is "retribution" against those that succumb to hubris (arrogance before the gods). They are the Chosen and they will carry out this task without wavering even as we agents continue to stand in their way.

The part that I find curious is that from this latest information, they plan to use the Portal Network as an unlimited transportation system but at the same time they are also trying to shut down the portal network. Unless they are just trying to make the network exclusive to their use alone and make sure everyone else is locked out of it?

In either case, it wouldn't work because we have the ability to activate dormant portals and provide a backdoor into the network for the NIA to use. Unless they plan to shut down that ability as well. 🙄

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Don't forget Lucida, who was in the first "All Members" Nemesis leak (posted by PAC Prime in his Reddit forum under the "Red Handed" post).

• I am coming into this process later than most so I am not seeing some of the stuff that has been posted in the past. I do enjoy digging into this and sharing what I can find. Thank you for that insight. Please let me know if there are other things I should check out.

So, Aurora would be more “Dawn, first light” and Lucidia is “The brightest star”.

However, it is odd that In the two memos, they are marked ‘ALL MEMBERS” but only a small set are present or speak. This means there could be more of them.

Do we know the identity of the first one with the black helmet? Could that be Umbra?

• Didact may mean teacher, but as of right now, all that we know about him is that he discovered the way to inhibit recursion. Similarly, Myriad has not indicated that the name Myriad means anything related to the word Myriad.

It could be that these are codenames, and are completely meaningless. Or it could be completely meaningful. It's hard to say.

Never forget, the first three letters of Niantic are NIA