Item recycling broken in 2.103.3

Intermittent bug

Use the carousel to select multiple items. Press Recycle. Confirmation "Yes" button shows animation for being pressed, but does nothing.

Back out to the carousel. Recycle button is now greyed out.

It does not happen if it's the first thing you do when the game starts. I haven't figured out what actions may trigger it.

I have screen capture video of the bug but don't know if it can be posted here.

Tagged:
19 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• rickrollsrickrolls ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Here's the bug behavior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmZnFGNw9AY

This is on a Pixel 6A, Android 13, Oct 2022 update

Post edited by rickrolls on
  • I am running into the same bug in other cases as well.

Select a quantity of one item in carousel, Recycle it successfully. Select a different item, Recycle it, bug prevents confirmation Yes button press from completing.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

can confirm it happens for me too.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I got the reproduction steps down:

• Recycle all of one type of item (L1 Power Cubes, L2 XMPs etc.) via the + and - buttons in the inventory carousel (not via the "Manage" button)
    • Try to recycle another item via the + or - buttons. Note that the "Recycle X" button is already active with the number of items that were recycled in the first step.
    • Tap on "Recycle X" and tap "Yes". The Recycle button will go dark in the background, but the prompt will not go away. The items themselves are not recycled in the second step.

You can close out of the prompt by tapping "No", however you'll need to X out of the item details once as the Recycle button will not reactivate until then.

Ingress 2.103.3, OnePlus 8 Pro, Android 11

Video below:

• There are items stuck in recycle that prevents recycling. I have to exit the process and try again until no items are already in recycle.

• I agree, though there are many other circumstances that can also trigger the bug. Simply doing a couple of recycle actions in a row can set it off.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

will this be fixed next version ? soon double ap event and we have this recycle bug

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

It's so difficult to recycle items now! I have to recycle one item ONE AT A TIME instead of recycling at least 10 items at once. Kindly fix this bug.

• Hint for the developers: when this bug is showing up, the number on "Do you want to recycle these [number] items?" is wrong: higher than expected.

• Having similar issues, I use + to add items and notice the number selected is increased by several more than I had and refuses to recycle it. If I cancel the recycle button is greyed out. I have to x back a couple times so no items are selected and can usually do it the next time, but then it repeats again later.

• @hebjehemweer is on the right track. When recycling with the -/+ buttons, I see that the "Do you want to recycle these [number] items?" appears to include the items I had just finished recycling. i.e.:

1- recycle 5 items

2- recycle 1 item; the prompt says "Do you want to recycle these 6 items?" where 5+1=6 -- in this case (the bug), YES does nothing, and you're stuck at the yes/no prompt. NO is the only button that work.

The workaround is the use the X button to go back out of the recycling mode and back in. It's super annoying.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Seems still present in 2.104.1 release.

• getengeten ✭✭✭

Any news on a fix for this yet another new bug, @NianticBrian ?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow its 2 weeks since this thread has been posted and still nothing from niantic that they are aware of this bug/issue.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Have the bug to 😥

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

2.104.1 is out ???

Edit:- strange that it hasnt arrived yet on the Android side but its on the "news" page,i miss the old days when things were announced here on the forum 😓😓😓

• This bug happens too me too.

• This bug almost makes the game unplayable for me and my (current) game style. It's sooo annoying and makes me almost not want to even start the scanner.

• I am seeing the same problem.

• Still present in 2.104.1 as of today's date.

In my testing, this issue is consistently reproducible when recycling the last of a stack of items; example - user has 5 L3 resonators and recycles 5 of them successfully.

After recycling, if the same user attempts to recycle another item without tapping the x button, for example - swiping to the right and selecting 2 L2 resonators, the recycle count shows 7 (including the 5 items that were recycled previously) and attempting to activate the recycle button brings up the confirmation modal where the user is unable to select "yes", as others have noted. The only workaround here is to exit out of the recycling flow and navigate back in.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

There's a note about this issue is fixed in 2.105.3