Niantic makes money by constantly tracking our location, right?

NoctarionNoctarion ✭✭✭
edited November 2022 in General

Is this true? I read that some time ago and from that moment I removed the permission for both apps (Ingress and PoGO) to track my location at all times, and selected "only when using the app"

I was thinking that maybe if we want to start showing them that we're not ok with the current state of things we should start boycotting them this way. These weird bans, the community abandonment, the support inoperancy, are just killing the spirit and while many of us are cancelling our subscriptions and stop giving them our money, other won't want to do that that cause they don't want ingress to die, but to stop sharing our location with them all the time could also cause an impact if we start spreading the word of it and lots of people do that. That way people can still give money to the Ingress team, but we'll be hurting niantic itself with that decision, and I guess that's what we should start doing to show or discontent, maybe it won't do much or anything at all, but at least we would be doing something 🤷‍♂️

Comments