Help me understand this mission rejection reason.

grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

The photo is one I took myself if a mural outside the pub.

Is the problem in the title or the description?

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Rejected for harassment again. I changed the title and description.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

This one just got rejected for using an image I don't own. Are we not allowed to use photographs we took ourselves of outdoor public murals?

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

The entire mission system is broken. Even if you follow the rules they get rejected. And sometimes I'll change nothing and resubmit and it gets approved. We are trying to make the game better for Niantic and they don't give us any guide. I'm at the point I'm ready to take down every mission I've made since they don't seem to care to help. They can make the missions then.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Its frustrating to say the least. I’ve got many compliments on my banners, but have more or less given up doing anymore because it’s such a hassle.

I don’t expect anyone at Niantic to listen or give us any updates. Just the typical silence, but please rate us 5* and tell your friends to play… lol

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Thia said long ago i remember she was gonna look into the whole mission thing because its so broken on random rejects on missions that has no copyright etc.. but i wonder if anything has been decided on this or if they will ever update the whole website for missions etc.. 🤨

Perhaps early next year we get an update on this ?

I know it takes only just one word and your mission gets denied for whatever reason.

• Just right now i have the same problem. I made a 30 Mission Banner and it got rejected 6 or 7 times now for not understandable reasons. I tried everything: change description, change name, even changed the whole picture and i just cant understand why it gets rejected every time. And of course you only get the pre-written standard e-mail where no particular reasons for the rejection stand in.

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

In Abkhazia there is a restaurant Gagripsh, its building and the restaurant itself is a state-level sight.

I made a banner in Abkhazia consisting of photos of places of interest. All the missions were accepted the first time except one, with a photo of this restaurant. This mission was not accepted again too. 

Reasons for refusal:

- Text contains URLs, email addresses or HTML

- Author trying to sell/advertise their products or service

(links and any kind of advertising in the title and description of the mission was absent)

As a result I had to replace Gagripsh with another places of interest.

Here is this banner. All the missions were designed the same way, pictures from open sources + badge design in photoshop in the same style.

https://bannergress.com/banner/abkhazia-b066

As I understand it, you also have some kind of bar or restaurant in the mission. Perhaps this is the reason for the rejection, and not random phrases from the letter.

Try you, too, something to replace your mission, I think it will be easier than to fight the strange logic **** from Niantic.

• @grendelwulf Maybe they think the name of the pub is a real person's name - and you're harassing them? Or maybe it's because of the alcohol? The reviewer can be anywhere on the planet.