"Upload Failed" on Submissions and Scans

13»

Comments

• I have this problem tried to upload last night only 600mb of 1200mb loaded rest failed and now fails instantly on each attempt! iPhone X on latest update.

• Still sitting on 2200... just tell us they are toast, toss us a fracker and BB for every 15 lost scans and call it a day, the most annoying part about this is the lack of acknowledgement. I really wanna spend some $$ with u during the anniversary, but this makes it real hard to justify.

• I've got an reply in the app:

• Just adding one more voice as it now says to report here rather than via the app.

I don’t have all that many, but a lot of them are portals I won’t be going back to which I was trying to get scout controller on.

It says to include tags, so #scans #upload

• I had about 92 scans that I had saved up for the current events. The ones that were uploaded successfully were between late October and now. While those 72 that failed were taken back in early September.

• I have this problem tried to upload last night only 600mb of 1200mb loaded rest failed and now fails instantly on each attempt! iPhone X on latest update.

• Fortunately I only have about 3.5GB of scans failing.

I'm now more frustrated that my support ticket has been totally ignored for a few weeks now as well as this thread @NianticThia @NianticBrian @NianticOfficial

Is it possible to open multiple tickets about different issues?

• I'd like to add to this. I have 190 scans stuck with this upload failed issue.

At some point in the last few weeks I accidentally tapped Upload All while on cell data when I had these 190 in my queue, and then I canceled that upload, which I think broke these scans. I didn't try uploading them again until tonight when I was able to upload about 400+ newer scans since then .

I've tried restarting my phone, restarting the app, logging out of the app, logging in with both google and apple, deleting a few and trying again on the others. I've tried different wifi and my cell data again.

I'm on an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 15.6.1.

• No further news on this? I’m starting to delete the scans I could do again, because scrolling through to get to my latest scans is so annoying, but I don’t want to lose the uniques from my holidays. 😢

• @NianticBrian can you please ask someone to even acknowledge this issue? At this point if we're simply told if it will be fixed or not would be great. If it's the former we'll wait and if the latter we'll delete the stored scans and move on.

• Ditto this @NianticBrian @NianticThia @NianticVK .

I have had an open ticket for several weeks on this, total silence on here, the ticket, Twitter and Reddit. Totally ignoring paying customers of your product is never a good strategy. As far as I can see this hasn't even really been acknowledged.

• Insane that Niantic is still pretending this thread does not exist.

• @NianticVK seeing you're active on recent threads can you put us out of the misery and advise if we should abandon all hope, delete the scans and move on or if there's a possible fix?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I think niantic dont want admit and say sorry u need delete the old scans and rescan them..⚡

• If they really want to improve community engagement, it's one of the right things to do - admit when things go south, try to learn from what went wrong and move on.

@NianticBrian @NianticThia @NianticVK

• 2 months and no response from NIA? At least I was only trying to upload 3 scans. Thanks, agents, for confirming the bug and failed workarounds, saves me trying. I'll stack up the scans for the future...

• No update?

• I want response from Niantic. I want upload these about 2000 scan data. I have been waiting for a long time ago.

How much longer do I have to wait?

• I don't think Niantic is ever going to reply or aknowledge the issue. I deleted the hundreds of un-uploadable scans i had from this incident long ago, just to save space on my phone. Even now tho i will occasionally be in the middle of scanning uniques and get a really strong deja vu feeling, then realize that of course i have scanned this before, it was part of the batch of compromised scans from that October incident that Niantic bizarrely refuses to aknowledge for some unknown questionable reason.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

they are probably corrupted and won't ever be uploaded by now.

Keeping more than100 scans for more than few days usually end up having to cancel all of them

• As a player who has been scanning from the beginning when the badges were introduced.. I've lost a lot of scans. I never received three scout controller points or 500 AP each scan in the beginning when I was scanning... I lost almost 50. I was planning to upload 30 days after a mission day for scout controller credit... it is what it is. Pogo players who have submitted poor scans are currently not receiving scan reward tasks and I wish they would do the same in Ingress. So many players abusing the scans in Ingress for AP. Why should half the AP for discovering a portal be rewarded for a scan of somebody's shoes?!?

^That excludes players who have had nominations lost to upload later. Especially if it's not within resubmitting distance! I understand the frustration behind that and have had it happen to myself a few times.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
  • I'm pretty sure it was over a year before AP was rewarded for scans.