Bombs retention under entrancy call

Recently I have suffered attacks by agents who, despite being on the portal fisically carrying resonators and a colleague putting up shields, suddenly shields and resonators disappear totally or partially before an attack, even with Aegis shields. Finding out how it happened, I have found that they make a call with the game opened and while it rings, all the bombs and ultras that can be released are released at the same time when you hang up, this is a big mistake, firstly because shields and virus are useless and because takes all the fun out of the game on defense.

Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Completely agree with you. Niantic should fix it.

• Drakarys81Drakarys81 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

@niantic

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

xmp stacking not sure how they do it or why its even possible this is clearly not legit play and those who do this should get banned

best u can do report the player igns to support

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This is really frustrating, but with the ongoing server issues and latency, this happens a lot by accident as well. I've had bursters stack with full 5g, not on a call and the game just lags out. Especially with a portal that has a lot of fields/links on it, or at least it seems that way.

I'll be firing bursters and thinking why doesn't the game **** them. There are topics on reddit as well asking what green orbs are on the map, those are bursters the game didn't fire but visually they are there 'being fired'. Until they fix that, it's impossible to determine if someone is doing it on purpose or the game just lagging out again.

• edited October 2022

suddenly shields and resonators disappear totally or partially before an attack, even with Aegis shields.

Note that if you deploy all your resonators at 40m from the portal, I can legtimiately destroy all your Aegis without triggering an alert using Ultrastrikes, then destroy your resonators in 3 X8s.

Jumping to the "They are cheating" option is not always the best path. Also, random chance can remove 4 shields in a single blast in very rare occasions etc.

If you have proof of someone cheating, submit it directly to Niantic. Without proof submitted to them, you're just accusing people of cheating on no solid basis:

Never defame, abuse, ****, bully, harm, ****, or threaten another player.

The first part of harassment in Ingress, is publicly calling someone else a cheat. Your own account can be banned simply for the accusation here on the forums.

• I'm exposing a bug on the game, I can demostrate how some bad players are using this bug, you can not protect any portal, including 4 Aegis shields, you do not need ADA's or Jarvis's anymore... Open the game, request to someone else call you and fire your xmp, all of them will be retain until you reject the call. My phone is Android 13 - Xiaomi 10T Pro

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

that sounds like xmps stacking and mutiple will go off at once without any chance defending the portals... how is this not patched up

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it even worse than stacking bursters with the ongoing latency issues? (How’s that fix coming, @ofer2 if implemented, we’re 0 for 2 😜)

• TF8GXTF8GX ✭✭

How do we report cheaters like this ?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Use the in game support ticketing.

Keep in mind that burster stacking due to server lag issues isn't cheating. And the number of busters one can stack has already been dramatically dropped.

Meaning it will be incredibly difficult to prove that a player is intentionally causing burster stacking as a game exploit

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

it is a actually since some players can do it on purpose which means using an exploit to benefit you since its impossible defend against stacked xmp attack and is against ToS

Niantic needs to further look into this since its possible and happening often where i play

Anyone doing this over and over needs to get banned from game