New Onsite Anomaly Registration Process

2»

Comments

• Easier yes, but I like many have said before also easier for spoofers to get the medal too. I'm not sure what was meant by a 3d barcode but I think if there was a custom QR code that was displayed on a terminal as a response to a player hack on site that could work. However this solution I agree makes it easier for spoofers.

• Glad to see that Niantic is tweaking the medal checks

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

@RedSoloCup can you confirm that off-site participation awards 2xAP regardless of location or participation?

• Yes. It's in this post right here.

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/4143/umbra-registration-now-open#latest

Also, take note that this current thread we are on is from June 24. So this thread is old news and should probably be archived or something to diminish confusion.

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I think it's absolutely redicilous you (Niantic) do this for the anomalies series that is supposed to happen in less then a month. I'm with or at least can live with most of the recent changes made, but this is a dumpster fire.

This should have been announced, and then applied to future events way before anybody had a chance to make arrangements. This is a bait-and-switch.

• edited September 2019
    To Off site players receive the double AP is necessary to buy the Ticket Off Site?

Whoever plays and buys the ticket off site during the anomaly period does not receive the Umbra medal ?, the Ticket gives the impression that they will receive the medal for this activity.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

If you are checked in with POC and have recharged an anomaly portal during the window... You get a medal.

Otherwise no. But the question remains... Do you still get double AP if you don't check in with poc and don't participate but have purchased the ticket.

• Idea for future:

How about we could earn discount codes in events?

For example the FS winners, or those who will earn the Elite medal in field test event. Times like that they would be rewarded with a discount code what they could use in the store. (either for anything or for event tickets).

A bit more encouraging to play more

• I really can't understand why are the anomaly now paid event. Why do we have to pay for reviewing medal and double AP? I liked previous style of anomaly but I don't like paid style. It looks like the game is going to be pay to win (or pay to participate events which are one of the most important part of the game).

I don't want to pay for the opportunity to participate and have something from it. I loved Ingress for that it was free to go to every event I wanted. Now it's quite useless to go to anomaly while you pay for the medal. €17,85 is basically so much for medal in scanner...

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

So,what's about RR? If smb hasn't time or money or will - to visit that anomaly.If i would like to buy some badge i will buy that.We were trying to help our teammates on RR.Now we have simplified "buy a medal if you wish". We aren't PoGo trainers,we aren't HPWU magicians.We are Ingress.And You(nia) ) are trying to **** this game.

• 😎 fantastic bombastic

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

We used to have free tickets for anomaly - plus option to buy Common, Rare VR packs, which had a medal code enclosed. (And normally worked fine).

We had also option where staff would scan ticket to issue medal. Actually attending the anomaly was free.

All worked pretty well I think?