The broken scanner break my Sojourner

I faced issue with scanned during October 15-18. The scanned was just empty, see screenshot.

This issue prevented me to hack portals -> as a result my Sojourner is broken.

Before this issue my Sojourner was 2574 days! 5 years of playing without interruptions!!!

The scanner was fixed at Oct 18, here is your comment

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/20362/ios-16-and-missing-map-work-around#latest

I am still continue to hack portals and playing actively after issue fixed.

But the Sojourner is broken and it makes me very very very disappointed.

A little bit facts:

my last hack before issue was on October 15, around 7:00am (GMT +3) in Espoo, Finland.

and next hack when scanner fixed was on October 18, around 20:40 (GMT +2) in Krakow, Poland.

So, i am asking you to fix this case with my Sojourner bc it happened not bc me but game bug,

Thank you in advance!

I can provide more info if need.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Sadly based on personal experience with ingress and also with the Sojourner all i can say is "Welcome to the Lost Sojourner Club" theres loads of us that have had this issue and its never been restored to agents whether it was player error or software errors.

5 years of no issues is a good run though so well done.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

One tip I can offer, which isn't going to help much, is if you have another device, leave it on the last version of Ingress, thereby it shouldn't have the same bug.

I'm nearly at 8 years on my Sojourner, and it is still going. And during the last update, I immediately forced auto updates off so that my Sojourner would not be affected.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Did u write support ? i think its a long shot i never heard niantic restored anyones sojourner.. can they even do it ?

• Yes, i did. Some fix was done, it fixed month value but not global one. I am waiting for my case go out from month frame and will see if global value either fixed or not.