iOS devices display time in 12 hour format

Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

A few updates ago, the iOS client stopped using the system time format, and is displaying time in 12 hour format even though it's not configured like that anywhere.

Please make the client either respect the regional settings of the phone, or at least set it to 24 hour time format again. Thanks.

• iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iOS 14.2.1
  • Ingress 2.60.2

12 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

So, this is still an ongoing issue. Any updates?

• LightseagreenLightseagreen ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

it's still the same today (2.69.1)

Device : iPhone 7 Plus

App Version : 2.69.1

Post edited by Lightseagreen on
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah me too; and since the status changed to 'investigating', nothing has happened.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not a bug, it was implemented in a past update as there was more outcry against it instead of for it. I’ll need to find the exact update.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Hilariously, Android 11/Prime 2.69.1 seems to insist on using 24-hour format, regardless of what I've configured in Android's System Settings. (The "locale default" is 12-hour format.)

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

What? This makes no sense. If I change the language to Dutch I will get the 24 hour notation back. (But also the horrendous translations...)

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update? Investigating for four months already.

• I've always had iOS system preferences set to 24hr time. Ingress doesn't even honor that. Being inconsistent with the android version cannot be an intentional feature. Please fix.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update? Still an ongoing issue.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

So, how hard can it be reverting the change that caused this? It's annoying as hell; seeing the 24 hour notation in the top right of my device, and then seeing the 12 hour notation everywhere in Ingress.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

On Android 13,if app locale is English(United Kingdom) time is 24h standart,and if app locale is English(United States) time is in 12h standart. App lang selector should be enabled by adb trick,but that's irrelevant.

I have no ios device near to have a look if it has diffirent English locales.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried both, there is no difference in time format in-game. iOS regional settings remain unchanged and are set to 24 hours.

I can change my phone language to Dutch, this will change the time to 24 hour format, but also gives me all the horrendous translations in game and iOS wide, and I don’t want that. It wasn’t required before, so I really don’t get why it is now.

it’s a bug and should be fixed, and I don’t get why it is so hard.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Also i'd like to add this not only as bug but as feature parity request,1.** had both language selector and time format,if i remember correct?

BTW can confirm this happens on iPhone 12 with latest available iOs,strange.