Map is blank after login (no UI, no portals)

After logging in to my account I can see only the map. Portals and UI not loading. I tried switch data/WiFi and I also cleared cache/data and restarted phone but still the same.

Tagged:
11 votes

Working On A Fix · Last Updated

Comments

• I have the same problem after updating to 2.102.1

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Seems to be Iphone issue the few i have seen reported this.

If niantic changed something how map etc loads we need a quickfix

• Same problem here. Running android

• Same problem here, also on Android.

Tried reinstall and restart mobile, nothing fixed it, so Yes, we need a quickfix

• Thanks for the response!

• Same issue after updating to 2.102.1. iPhone 12 iOS 16.0.3

• Same issue here after updating to 2.102.1. iPhone 13 pro iOS 16.0.3

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't updated yet, might turn off auto updates until it has.

Expect that everyone who lost Sojourner and Epoch have theirs fixed as well because of this issue

• Same issue here, too. Android.

• Same issue here.

Iphone 12 IOS 16.0.3

Ingress v. 2.102.1

• Are there any quick fix for this, great bug ?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

unless they can fix server side it needs a client update

• i tried to remove and the do a fresh install, didn’t work, guess my 400+ portal scans that wasn’t uploaded is also gone 😟

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a workaround that involves starting and canceling the tutorial. Idk if it works universally, I don’t have this issue (yet)

• DugongHuggerDugongHugger ✭✭
    edited October 2022

It seems new version is removed from PlayStore. Delete and reinstall now installs previous version, works fine. At least on Android.

• We're investigating the issue, and in the meantime I halted the release. Can you share what language version of OS and language version of Ingress you're using?

• iOs 16.0.3 finnish & English version of Ingress

• Danish IOS and english Ingress

• I had the same, right after the update, but it returned to normal after a some restarts, I think that I might have reinstalled the game also.

ios16.0

iphone 14

Swedish version

• edited October 2022

@NianticBrian English iOS 16.0.3 and English Ingress 2.102.1 here.

: restarted phone and app multiple times

: reinstalled Ingress, more phone and app restarts

: fit-rep pop-up appeared once and allowed limited access to settings menu to enable adventure sync, backed out of settings and only options “live” were settings, forum, campfire. Other buttons had a lock icon and message “Access Level insufficient” if tapped.

• I had the same issue on ios 16. Setting the ios language to English resolved the problem.

• edited October 2022

changed ios 16 language to UK, restarted phone, and ingress - then it runs fine.. (tested on 2 danish (now Uk) phones) - after initial test on UK , I did revert to danish, and its still working

Post edited by Therealsluttge on
  • are you planning to release a fix patch, or is it just preparation for shutting down ingress? what about the "sojourner" medal? the player will lose many days due to your incompetence………… 🤦‍♀️

• @NianticBrian

Android v12, language Hungarian, ingress language English

• @NianticBrian

based on thread, checked languages and noticed I also had Chamoru language with English in the iOS settings. (Don’t know how)

deleted Chamoru, system auto restart , now language listed is English only and everything in Ingress looks normal.

• We made a fix and are also releasing an updated 2.102.2 version. Can you please let me know if you're still seeing this issue where you can view map tiles but no Portals? If so, can you let me know what language version of your OS and language version of Ingress you're using? Thank you.

• SindayaSindaya ✭✭✭

Starting this evening (utc +2 oct 20) my screen is completely black after start sequence. Had no issues prior to now.

• There are no portals in my area the only closest portal is 58km away pls help.

name of place(Half assini)