Gameplay Feedback: Passcode server only works when the passcode is fully redeemed.

Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in App Feedback (Archive)

I believe this is not a new or a rare issue. The first time I encounter this is during the six year anniversary live stream last year. Although those six years passcodes didn't have redeem amount limit, other passcodes do. And whenever Andrew gives a passcode in his channel or a new official video with passcodes comes out, the intel maps turns into a slot machine.

I am, and I believe a lot of you guys are also, the one that never gets the chance to redeem it before it's fully redeemed. If the code is fully redeemed by the moment I try to redeem it, then it should say "fully redeemed". If it's not, then it should say "hey you got gears blahblahblah". There are only these two possible situations. Either it is fully redeemed or it's not. And in neither situations should it tells me "redeeming passcode..." for thirty minutes. This is just wrong.

I'm not very professional in computer science so this paragraph might not be correct. When there are so many agents logging in the intel map, there should be big size of information coming through the server, and the length of an agent's email and password should be longer than a passcode. Then if the server can bear people logging in, why can't they make the passcode redemption work?

Anyway, Niantic, if you don't want us to get gears from passcodes, you can simply shut down this function. If you do, please just make it work. Dont give me hope and take it away from me.

Comments

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

I was able to redeem the code after a hour or so of trying. It's been this way since the Beta.

Everyone knows that there is going to be a rush to get the code. If I enter a code that has met it's quota of how many Agents can access it , it tells me immediately. If it hasn't been FR, then I wait for a minute, and attempt to redeem. Niantic does want us to get gear. It just may take a while.

My suggestion is that if you can't wait more than an immediate status of the Code? Because it bothers you, don't try and redeem codes anymore. You can demand that they "simply shut down this function" - why punish the rest of us, because you can't get it?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes codes are for the most time useless, even if u are quick it still will not work.. i dont get it.. they should upgrade code servers or just remove this function...

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

I was able to redeem the Code today in about an hour or so . I had to resend the code every 90 seconds or so because the Server was backed up.

It has been this way since the Beta.

When I send a code, I get one of three replies. Either I get the gear almost immediately, or that the pass code has been Fully Redeemed. the third one is where nothing seems to be happening for 90 seconds, and then I have to resend the code. The passcode redemption works fine . I'd love to be the 1st Agent in line to redeem that code- but so are thousands of Agents do too.

Anyway - Niantic should not shutdown because you don't like how it works. Why punish everyone else because you don't like it?

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

If you don't like the items you get , or how long it takes....

you can ignore the Passcodes, and not try to redeem them. Problem solved

• Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

"Everyone knows that there is going to be a rush to get the code." I would assume Niantic knows this as well.

"You can demand that they 'simply shut down this function' - why punish the rest of us, because you can't get it?" If I really want to punish the rest why do I bother writing this post? Of course I want everyone to enjoy it. As you said, "Niantic does want us to get gear. It just may take a while." I just want no one to wait for this "a while". The "a while"'s existence does nothing good to the gameplay experience. And by pointing out that, I consider this post a feedback. However, your suggestion, "My suggestion is that if you can't wait more than an immediate status of the Code? Because it bothers you, don't try and redeem codes anymore. " does seem a little bit less constructive and helpful compared to mine.

By the way, this post is trying to fix the 90 seconds you wait. So even if that 90 seconds means nothing to you, those who are not as lucky as you are might want the waiting time to be shorter.

• Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

"If you don't like the items you get , or how long it takes....

you can ignore the Passcodes, and not try to redeem them. Problem solved"

Why don't you tell the whole forum "if you guys don't like Prime you can ignore it and try to use the Redacted. Problem solved" ?

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect that they have this as a special mechanism to deal with automated bots trying to use the codes. Maybe, once Redacted is gone, they can add some mechanism like Recaptcha to Prime and the Intel Map to prevent automated scripts from trying to use the codes at all.

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

Yes, and I tell them also to quit whining .

I'm giving feedback to your comments. You don't have to read them.