Exaggerated Visual Feedback when Button is Touched

In Ingress Prime version 2.27, a "glitched" visual effect is added as feedback when a button is touched.

I like the idea that every interaction produces a dedicated feedback, which makes the flow of interaction more fluent and comfortable. However the new visual feedback in 2.27 is too exaggerated. Especially for large buttons like “Hack" in portal interaction page or "Portal Key" in inventory, the visual effect makes me feel dizzy if it is played several times.

Can you please consider tweaking it a little bit to make it not so eye appealing? Like reducing the size, reducing the degree of color change, or simply changing some of the visual feedback to the change or background color?

Video of some hack interactions:

https://youtu.be/5ZnCNqPUUdE

Comments

• This is the same problem that I have.... It's not a good thing to add to the game 🙈

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

Yeah, I noticed that when I was out a little while ago. The visual feedback was just silly. I hope this is just a temporary thing,

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

I was just gonna write a topic about this issue, thanks!

It is really annoying too much!

You can add the zooming in to portals when clicked to this list though.

• pugmasterpugmaster ✭✭✭

I agree, it is unnecessary and over done. Keep it simple. Please.

• edited July 2019

I imagine the conversation went something like this:

We need to add feedback when people press buttons.

Hey, you know how so many people in the community have asked us to remove the unneeded, unwanted, CPU intensive/battery draining, BLUE purple and pink animations?

Yes?

Well, let's add MORE of them EVERYWHERE.

Brilliant!

---------------------------------------------------

I suggest doing something elegant - like just highlighting the button press or a subtle change of color. OK?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the new update for buttons. Now i hope @NianticScot can twak it and make it better to 2.28.2

• I could see how the new button animations could cause problems for some people. Maybe they could add a toggle in settings?

• The button animations seem to be gone now on my end. Is this happening to everyone else if so thanks for listening niantic!

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I loved those effets 😅

I am sad they removed them

• EthernEthern ✭✭✭

I notice that too. I am confident that they will figure out a better way to show visual feedback of touch interaction :)