warned, but why?

I've literally made two posts. One asking about cut&paste in the forum UI, and another asking if the forum can be themed. They both seem innocuous to me, yet I see the "warning" below. How do i find out what i was actually warned about? Can this be appealed? this just seems arbitrary. This "warning" gives me zero clue what i did wrong.

Warning

· 1 point · lasts 500 months

The Ingress Community was created to be a safe and fun place for Ingress players to connect with one another and discuss their Ingress experience. Your community account has been found to not be complying with our Terms of Service and the Player Guidelines.

If we find that you continue to violate any of the Ingress Terms of Service and Player Guidelines, your community account could face suspension or permanently terminated.

Tagged:

Comments

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

This looks like someone flagged you (or maybe missclick but is quite difficult) and this is an automatic email.

Maybe talk with support about this problemn and they will investigate about your flags and if they are corrects.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I've got that as well. Zero explanation as to what was wrong (although in my case I do have an idea). Bit like being banned in the actual game, I guess. Still, only another 42 years until it expires, eh.

• Hi @GorillaSapiens, sorry for the confusion. As @ntzz said, the best way to get to the bottom of this is to submit a ticket through the Help Center or via in-app help for the support team to look into it. Thanks!

• mukkiemukkie ✭✭

@GorillaSapiens I doubt you’ll get an explanation as to you why you were warned, Apart from “reasons”. Apparently it’s because it will help people understand what gets flagged and we can’t have that can we. Except that if you’re actually guilty, not telling you hides nothing from you (you know what you did) but if you’re innocent, you’re left going “what the hell?” And you can appeal and present evidence as to why you’re innocent except that you don’t know what you’re appealing against. Even better is that soon, part of the punishment will be mandatory use of Prime.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey Please don't tell people this. My father has been soft-banned for the past month, and the most he's been able to get out of support is "you're still doing something wrong, stop it", even though he can't do anything in game. This advice coming from someone being paid by Niantic is disingenuous, at best. Support doesn't listen to anything.

• @ArtilectZed Sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience in appealing your father's account. The reason that we're directing people to the support team is because we're not able to share details about individual accounts on public channels like the Community.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticCasey I understand that's why you're doing it, but you're offering false hope by doing so. The last few weeks, people have constantly been reporting false bans. In private chats, I've seen people complaining about badges not being awarded, or receiving incorrect credit. When they try to talk to support, their tickets are closed/ignored. We have to pull teeth to get anything done, and it's rarely anything supportive from Niantic. Your support system is completely broken. You should actually fix it before trying to direct people there, it's further frustrating for your player base and not delivering anything.

I've been trying to keep my mouth shut about it all, the new support bot was getting things closed sooner, but after awhile, it just seems to be a quicker avenue to be ignored by Niantic.

• @ArtilectZed I appreciate your honest feedback and I'll definitely take this and work on sorting out the issues that you've surfaced. We're doing our best on the support side but I agree that there is still work that we can do to improve.

I know that this experience has likely been frustrating for you and I apologize for that, please trust that we hear this and we're working to improve the experience.

To that point, I'm going to close this thread for further comment but again, I appreciate your points here.

This discussion has been closed.